OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 08:49:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COMMENTS ABOUT A LOCKED THREAD  (Read 838 times) Average Rating: 0
IPC
Elder

Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RZC

« on: June 14, 2009, 12:53:32 AM »

Dear Heorhij:

I will not re-open the same thread that you locked up, and I will take into consideration the issues and failures, for further discussions in the future. I must clarify some points for the consideration of everyone involved:

a) My intention of posting an article written by a Professor of Church History of the original ROCOR under Metropolitan Vitaly, was to provide a retrospective and information which could serve as the axe of an objective discussion, and support the main subject of the thread: The apostacy of the new ROCOR under the Moscow Patriarchate, founded in 2001 by Metropolitan Laurus and those with him.

b) Questions and comments related to the subject of discussion were answered, while unrelated questions were set aside, for their discussion in another thread, in order to keep the focus in the main subject of discussion, and protect the integrity of the thread.

Most of the unrelated questions and comments are maliciously used by others to destroy the thread by:

a) Bullying and provoking, in order to make pressure, distress, anger, and other emotional reactions that will exacerbate and lead people to an edge, either to an outburst, or exhaustion.

b) Trivializing the thread by transforming an objective discussion, into a subjective arguing.

c) Flooding the thread with unrelated information, personal attacks, and other things in order saturate and derrange it, and place what they don't like under a "mountain of dross".

I've noticed that as soon as a specific subject is placed in the forum, the very same people who do not like those kind of subjects, get into action.

An example of this is N..... who as soon as I started posting information, he/she started flooding frenetically. In an estimate, each message I posted, was followed by 3 messages posted by N..

If I had accepted N's provocations and fallen into his/her game, the number of messages to derrange the thread would have been exponential. I post, N answers, I reply to N, supporters of N get in the middle, my supporters get in the middle, and in a short time, the reactions to N's provocation would have totally destroyed the thread.

Please Heorhij, and everyone accept my apology for any trouble and harm I might have caused. I am new to all this, and I'm still clumsy, I need practice.

Father Anastasios and other True Orthodox Christians in this forum: Forgive me, the sinner.

I am then locking this thread. Ialmisry, please feel free to address the issues we touched in our exchange at the end of this thread in a separate thread. Pravoslav09, please, if you plan to re-open the thread, raising again the issues you have risen in this thread, do consider what was mentioned in this thread! Do answer the questions others pose, and do argue with specific points made by others, rather than just copy-paste long "propagandistic" articles published somewhere, even if you respect or admire their authors. After all, this is meant to be a discussion forum where people are entitled not only to their opinions but also to the specific, point-by-point answers to the questions they ask. --Heorhij, an unworthy and incompetent servant of all participants in the discussions on this section of the OC.net forum
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:04:48 AM by Pravoslav09 » Logged

THIS USER USED THE SCREEN NAME PRAVOSLAV09 BEFORE.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 01:53:39 AM »

a) My intention of posting an article written by a Professor of Church History

I thought she was a teacher of music?

My intention .... to provide a retrospective and information which could serve as the axe of an objective discussion

You absolutely refused to engage in discussion.

b) Questions and comments related to the subject of discussion were answered,

They most definitely were not.   For example, you were asked several times to provide what you mean by "apostacy" -the title of the thread and the focus of your complaint against the Russian Church Abroad  You refused.   How could there be meaningful discussion when even that most basic point was not clarified by you.

b) Trivializing the thread by transforming an objective discussion

Again... there was no discussion.  You refused to discuss..

c) Flooding the thread with unrelated information,

I never saw any of that.  Would you point it out please.

I've noticed that as soon as a specific subject is placed in the forum, the very same people who do not like those kind of subjects, get into action.

An example of this is N..... who as soon as I started posting information, he/she started flooding frenetically. In an estimate, each message I posted, was followed by 3 messages posted by N..

I presume this refers to me.    I was not posting "frenetically."  I think that everyone else can see that for themselves.  But I was certainly interested in countering the manifold accusations you were making against my Church and against the Russian Church.

Would you like to use this new thread you have started to enter into a discussion of what "apostasy" means?

I post, N answers, I reply to N

I think this was one of the major complaints about you - you did NOT reply.  You simply abused the freedom of the Free-for-all section to flood the thread with polemical material against the Russian Church.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:54:50 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:01:45 AM »

Pravoslav09,

I'm having trouble comprehending why you think it necessary to address this subject in public when you could have, and probably should have brought this up with Heorhij and the admin/moderator team via the Private Message system.  Therefore, to maintain civility on the forum, since this thread has such potential to explode, and to keep you from having to endure further undue criticism of your motives, I am locking this thread pending the review of this section's moderator, Pravoslavbob.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:02:12 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Pravoslavbob
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »

The thread will remain locked.

Pravoslavbob
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:57:25 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: