OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 06:22:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with video  (Read 1256 times) Average Rating: 0
Paisius
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Wherever the wind blows......

Reframed

« on: October 13, 2008, 12:36:07 AM »

I know the tone but I don't speak a lick of Russian. Can someone tell me what they are singing?

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQcloavwPI

Yours in Christ
Joe

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
msmirnov

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 01:54:10 AM »

Here is the Old-Slavonic text in Russian transliteration. It is a troparion to Cornelius, hosiomartyr of Pskovo-Pechersky monastery. Sorry, I can't translate it into English because my prayer English is very bad.

Тропарь преподобномученику Корнилию Псково-Печерскому

Тропарь, глас 6

Псково-Печерская обитель, издревле славная чудесы иконы Богоматерни, многия иноки Богови воспита, тамо и преподобный Корнилий подвигом добрым подвизася, чудную Богоматерь славя, иноверныя просвещая, иноки и многия люди спасая, обитель же свою дивно украшая и ограждая. Тамо и мученичества венец по многих летех пастырства своего доблестно прият. Темже воспоим, людие, Христа Бога и Пречистую Его Матерь возблагодарим, яко дарова нам преподобномученика славна и молитвенника о душах наших достоблаженна.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:04:44 AM »

Here is the Old-Slavonic text in Russian transliteration. It is a troparion to Cornelius, hosiomartyr of Pskovo-Pechersky monastery. Sorry, I can't translate it into English because my prayer English is very bad.

Тропарь преподобномученику Корнилию Псково-Печерскому

Тропарь, глас 6

Псково-Печерская обитель, издревле славная чудесы иконы Богоматерни, многия иноки Богови воспита, тамо и преподобный Корнилий подвигом добрым подвизася, чудную Богоматерь славя, иноверныя просвещая, иноки и многия люди спасая, обитель же свою дивно украшая и ограждая. Тамо и мученичества венец по многих летех пастырства своего доблестно прият. Темже воспоим, людие, Христа Бога и Пречистую Его Матерь возблагодарим, яко дарова нам преподобномученика славна и молитвенника о душах наших достоблаженна.

Let me try, even though I am not terribly strong in liturgical English either.

"The monastery of Pskovo-Pechersk, you, who is glorious from the days of old because of the miracle-working icons of the Mother of God, you have brought up numerous monks for the Lord; there, the holy Cornelius also did his good works, glorifying the most wonderful Mother of God, enlightening the people of other faiths, saving monks and many men, gloriously beautifying the monastery and building protective walls around it. In there, he also bravely accepted the crown of his martyrdom, after many years of his work as a shepherd. Let us also remember, people, Christ our God, and let's give thanks to His Most Pure Mother, as She gave us this holy martyr, one who is most blessed and who prays for our souls."

Love never fails.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: