OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 01:03:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think that Ouija Boards are a cause of possesion of a child or adult?  (Voting closed: January 27, 2006, 08:05:08 AM)
Yes. - 5 (33.3%)
No. - 4 (26.7%)
Only ouija boards made by "witches". - 1 (6.7%)
Ouija boards only increase the possibility of possesion. - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your favorite animal?  (Read 2324 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: August 26, 2003, 01:18:37 PM »

What is your favorite animal?  I love Goats the most, followed by squirrels.  What about you all?  If your selection is not listed, please just write it in.

anastasios
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 01:19:56 PM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 01:37:15 PM »

Cow :turn:

David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 01:50:51 PM »

That is possibly the most disturbing cow I have ever seen. Smiley

I would have to say sheep and chickens.  At least I would hope so, as I hope to have some one day.

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 02:02:09 PM »

Eagles, bears and a faithful brown labrador.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Doubting Thomas
High Elder

Anglican (but not Episcopagan)

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 02:37:10 PM »

I voted for dogs since mine ("Goofy") has so much personality, but I love my two cats as well ("Funny" and "Silly") :kitty: :kitty:

"My Lord and My God!"--Doubting Thomas, AD 33
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 02:46:31 PM »

David,

You should see his brother, Merv!
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 03:14:52 PM »

...lions, tigers, & bears, oh my!
Out of the list, dogs I suppose, someday when I have a big yard, a big house, & a really tall fence, I'd like to have an Alaskan Malamut.  Australian dingos are pretty cute too, but as they're on the same level as cayotes, I don't think they're safe around small children.  
If I could have any animal in the world as a pet though, I think I'd have a wallaby.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
moronikos

Jurisdiction: ...and they were first called Christians in Antioch

I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 03:20:40 PM »

Cow.  Tenderloin cut about 1" thick and medium rare. Grin
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 04:09:06 PM »

David,

You should see his brother, Merv!

Eegads, man, I didn't know John Travolta was available in bovine form!!!   Shocked

Grin

-Yazid Ibrahim
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 05:46:55 PM »

I started out with one gelded short-haired male black cat named "Boo."  I have a bad habit of adopting cats that those in my neighborhood have abandoned when moving or simply thrown out due to ignorance (Old Wive's Tales concerning pregnancy, for example).  So I'm now up to five cats.  Including Boo, they are in order of joining the family: "Flash," a large, but gentle "fixed" long-haired male black cat; "Butch," a fixed female short-haired black cat (it took quite a while before I realized Butch was a female); "Cinnamon," a one-year-old handsome unfixed male Siamese mix, and "Jay-Jay," an unfixed short-haired male at the end of his kittenhood, white with black spots.  If anyone can provide a cat, all toilet-trained, with a good home, let me know---I'll never let Boo go, and I've grown too fond of Flash and Butch, and I've spent too many $'s on Cinnamon at the animal hospital already, so that leaves only the latest addition, the very playful and gentle Jay-Jay available for adoption.

Btw, we're allowed only 1 (one) cat and no dogs in my apartment complex, so I'm really in trouble if I'm found out!

Hypo-Ortho
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 06:57:43 PM »

I like most animals except rats.

A few days ago I paid a visit to our county fair. My county is rural and agricultural, so the livestock exhibits are a prominent feature of the fair.

Most of the animals were pretty stupid and understandably frightened by all of the strange human visitors. There were a couple of sheep, however, who walked right up to me and pressed their heads against my outstretched hand. I stroked them on the head and cheek. They closed their eyes with pleasure and exhibited signs of what appeared to me to be genuine affection. "No wonder God used sheep as symbols to represent His children," I thought to myself.

Of course, I love to eat mutton, which sort of makes me feel a little guilty!  Wink

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Xenia
Harmless Little Fuzzball

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 07:20:30 PM »

Cats rule, dogs drool!

We have six cats: Peaches, Pop Tart, Yoda, Lardo, Mouse and Eudora.

And one dog, Zoe.

-Xenia
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 11:47:21 PM »

At the moment I only have one cat, Sabrina.  If I wasn't too lazy to go downstairs to my car and get my digital camera, I'd post a photo.  Perhaps tomorrow. Smiley

-Yazid Ibrahim
Athanasius

Place Personal Text Here

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 12:45:04 AM »

Cats. Meoww!

Athanasius

God became man that man might become God-St. Athanasius
The young fogey
Moderated
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2003, 03:09:57 PM »

<surface>

This one's for anastasios, who I think would like to be a goat-farming Greek Orthodox priest:

Beh-eh-eh-eh!

Smiley

</surface>

the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2003, 03:15:16 PM »

haha Serge - I know where you got that pic from - though it is rather nice !
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 04:04:22 PM by the slave » Logged

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
The Caffeinator
Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2003, 09:12:24 PM »

I'm not sure if the subject is animals for pets or animals for eating, so I'll try to knock both out in one fell swoop.

I live in the country on the Mexican border amid the palm trees and the sunsets. Around here there is a type of dove that is singularly beautiful, and when one flies away, its movements are so peaceful that I can't help but be reminded of the Holy Ghost.

Nevertheless, I've heard that they're good eatin', so me and my paw are buyin' bb guns! Wink
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 09:13:50 PM by The Culture Warrior » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: