OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 11:54:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing my second mission in Greenville, NC  (Read 2434 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: September 29, 2008, 05:27:49 PM »

Dear in Christ,

I just wanted to let you know that I now have a second mission, Nativity of the Holy Theotokos in Greenville, North Carolina: http://www.holytheotokosgreenville.org

I will be celebrating there approximately one Sunday and two Saturdays a month. If anyone lives near there I would invite you to come visit us some time. The second liturgy will be this Saturday.  The address is 3370 Avon Road, Greenville, NC 27858.

In Christ,

Fr Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 05:32:36 PM »

Wonderful news! May the Lord richly bless this new mission and your ministry, Father!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »

It is indeed great news! May many more souls be added to the Kingdom through these efforts!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »

Excellent news, Father Anastasios! Glory to God!

Love never fails.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »

Man, That's 16 hours from me.... Sad
Great news, anyways! Grin

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »

I was on US 17 (passing through Chocowinity on my way to Myrtle Beach) about 20 miles East of Greenville back in 2002.  If I'm back in the neighborhood, I'll stop by and light a candle....

Father A., congratulations on your new mission.   Wink
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 09:45:32 PM »

Congratulations!

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 02:11:02 AM »

May God bless your efforts, Father.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Thomas
Section Moderator
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 08:47:57 AM »

THANKS BE TO GOD IN ALL THINGS! MAY HE BLESS YOU IN YOUR MINISTRY!

Thomas
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:48:58 AM by Thomas » Logged

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 08:55:38 AM »

May the grace of the Lord bless your mission!!
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »

May God help your ministry! (2) new missions in less then a year after ordination. This really illustrates your great dedication!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 10:58:50 PM »

Congrats!  Smiley

Large Marge sent me...
Trudy

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 12:08:47 AM »

I just wanted to let you know that I now have a second mission, Nativity of the Holy Theotokos in Greenville, North Carolina: http://www.holytheotokosgreenville.org
Fr Anastasios

Your blessing Fr. Anastasios!

I know exactly where you are located.  I used to live in Rocky Mount, NC when I was inquiring into the Faith and drove to Greeville to attend Holy Cross GOA.  The rector of this mission was Fr. Radu Bordineau who was, at the time, assistant priest at Holy Trinity GOA in Raleigh, NC.  Fr. Radu moved to Pittsburg with his family where he is Assistant Professor of Theology at Duquesne University.  Fr. Paul Kapsalis remains as Senior Rector in Raleigh I believe.

Fr. Radu was my spiritual father and the one who received me into the Church.  I was his first convert!   Smiley  The church was packed with people the day I was received because he decided that the Feast of the Elevation of the Holy Cross would be a lovely time to chrismate me!!  Oh My!  And none of the parishioners...NONE...had ever witnessed a protestant convert be received into Orthodoxy.  It was an educational moment for a lot of people!  May God be Glorified!  This was all 4 years ago now!

I do no know what ever happened to Holy Cross GOA in Greenville nor my dear Godmother Chrysanthe.

There are MANY Greek families in the area Father.  May God bless your efforts and the Holy Spirit move their hearts towards your mission.

By your holy prayers,
Athanasia

He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?  Micah 6:8
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: