Author Topic: Prudent Suggestions for Canidates for OCA First Hierarch  (Read 7365 times)

Offline Basil 320

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
Re: Prudent Suggestions for Canidates for OCA First Hierarch
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2008, 12:21:57 PM »
Based on what I've read above, Archbishop Job of Chicago, in my opinion, seems to be the best option.  He has the epicopal characteristics necessary, as do others above, but with his background with the scandal, he's equipt to continue the massive project of the needed corrective actions and reform.  Maybe he'd extend his announced retirement date, but still serve a short term; help groom some competent new bishops for the vacant sees; work with some Godly monasteries, to secure some qualified celebate priests to infuse the episcopal ranks with bishops who "rightly impart the Word of...Truth;" and thus, lay the groundwork for the election of a new metropolitan who can move on from the scandle to the work of the greater growth of the Church.

By the way, I can understand why bishops and priests did not blow the whistle while Kondratick was Chancellor.  Kondratick facilitated the "election" of hierarchs whom he could control; and whom he had incriminating information on.  His power over the church is a amazing accomplishment, enabled by the behavior what he enabled for Met. Theodosius.  Now that the SIC has reported, I'm just aghast at what the former chancellor accomplished, which likewise, enabled his malfeasance.  And you know, not-with-standing its factual disclosures, it still is only tactfully revealed.
"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2008, 01:34:19 AM »
^ My hunch is that such a scenario could happen at the upcoming AAC or beforehand.

According to a letter reprinted in OCANews.org, one priest has proposed going outside the OCA and nominating Bishop Hilarion, currently the Representative of the Russian Orthodox Church to the European Institutions in Brussels, as next OCA Metropolitan:

For these reasons I am asking each priest and parish representative to prayerfully consider and vote witout reservation on the first ballot for Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev to be the next Metropolitan of the Orthodox Church in America.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »
^ My hunch is that such a scenario could happen at the upcoming AAC or beforehand.

According to a letter reprinted in OCANews.org, one priest has proposed going outside the OCA and nominating Bishop Hilarion, currently the Representative of the Russian Orthodox Church to the European Institutions in Brussels, as next OCA Metropolitan:

For these reasons I am asking each priest and parish representative to prayerfully consider and vote witout reservation on the first ballot for Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev to be the next Metropolitan of the Orthodox Church in America.
Not at all surprising, since I often hear of Bishop Basil (Essey) (Antiochian Archdiocese) being considered a possible candidate.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline BrotherAidan

• OC.net guru
  • OC.net
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 11:26:39 PM »
By the way, I can understand why bishops and priests did not blow the whistle while Kondratick was Chancellor.  Kondratick facilitated the "election" of hierarchs whom he could control; and whom he had incriminating information on.  His power over the church is a amazing accomplishment, enabled by the behavior what he enabled for Met. Theodosius.  Now that the SIC has reported, I'm just aghast at what the former chancellor accomplished, which likewise, enabled his malfeasance.  And you know, not-with-standing its factual disclosures, it still is only tactfully revealed.

This IS the purple elephant in the living room that everyone tries to ignore, eh? I always believed that hush (or blackmail) money was involved to account for how much of it disappeared.

Fixed quote tag  -PtA
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:03:35 AM by PeterTheAleut »