OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 08:55:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Bride  (Read 1546 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: August 19, 2003, 04:38:16 PM »

Those darn Protestant weddings can get out of hand!

Actually, we may have found the girl for one of our posters! Alas, too late!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/badbride1.htm

Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 05:23:43 PM »

South Windsor, CT, is not too many miles from Springfield, MA, where I live.  The same mesmerised look on the "blushing" bride's face can be seen on the faces of many young people, both male and female, in Springfield's increasingly dangerous "Entertainment District" on a weekend night.  I am forced to drive home through this area with trepidation on Thursday nights after choir rehearsal and on Saturday evenings after Great Vespers.

Hypo-Ortho
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 05:40:45 PM »

Considering the alcohol consumption at Slavic weddings I've been at recently...... Dumping a double/triple shot of vodka into the bride and groom (each) at the beginning of the reception is hardly the road to sobriety.
TonyS
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 06:39:32 PM »

South Windsor, CT, is not too many miles from Springfield, MA, where I liveHypo-Ortho

I was in Mt. Holyoke last Thursday just before the power outage to pick up a library donation.  We drove right thru Springfield if I remember correctly.

Tómame como al tequila, de un golpe y sin pensarlo. - Ricardo Arjona

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender
and if everbody's a sinner then everybody can be a winner
I'll see you when yo
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 08:07:04 PM »

You should have heard the whispers at our reception when some of the Baptist guests noticed Father enjoying a nice cold Sam Adams at the reception.
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 08:13:56 PM »

Well you know the old saying: "Wherever there are four Episcopalians, there's a fifth."
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 08:33:53 PM »

South Windsor, CT, is not too many miles from Springfield, MA, where I liveHypo-Ortho

I was in Mt. Holyoke last Thursday just before the power outage to pick up a library donation.  We drove right thru Springfield if I remember correctly.

If after leaving South Hadley (where Mt. Holyoke College is located), Tony, you then got on Rt. #91 South, yes, you drove right through a good part of Springfield.  If you knew which direction it was in, from the highway you would have seen the three gold cupolas of St. Peter and St. Paul Russian Orthodox Church (OCA), Springfield, where I am a parishioner.  You could have stopped and attended the Festal Vigil for the Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos at 6 pm.  Wink

Hypo-Ortho
TonyS
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 09:07:33 PM »

We were trying to get back here for Vespers.  We got here just before the lights went out.

Tómame como al tequila, de un golpe y sin pensarlo. - Ricardo Arjona

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender
and if everbody's a sinner then everybody can be a winner
I'll see you when yo
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 10:22:30 PM »

Those darn Protestant weddings can get out of hand!

Actually, we may have found the girl for one of our posters! Alas, too late!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/badbride1.htm

Sure it was a Protestant wedding?

Looks more like the aftermath of a biker wedding, and she's tattooed up like  one of the barbarians who met Caesar on the coast of Britain!

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: