OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 07:19:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox and Anglican sacrements  (Read 7635 times) Average Rating: 0
Vlad
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox, Greek Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2008, 02:33:21 AM »

All I can add right now is deaconesses date from the 1800s; women deacons from the mid-1900s. The former were/are (I'm fairly sure the Episcopalians and Church of England don't have them any more) the equivalent of RC religious orders of sisters doing active work like teaching or nursing; the latter are in Anglican holy orders. The Anglican deaconess habit looks like some nuns' habits. It was an older, more Protestant thing pre-dating the founding of Anglican groups of monks and nuns that more or less followed traditional RC practice (now they're very liberal).

There's the Order of the Holy Cross, which is as I described Anglican monks today, and then there's the Society of the Holy Cross (known by its Latin initials SSC), a fraternity of Anglo-Catholic parish priests, some of whom have traditional services.
Yes the SSC I have seen their websites and they have some very beautiful worship.
Vlad
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox, Greek Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2008, 02:35:00 AM »

Friends if I have seemed offensive to any of you Anglicans Keble/Ebor I sincerely apologize.

Vlad
prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2008, 02:41:53 AM »

Friends if I have seemed offensive to any of you Anglicans Keble/Ebor I sincerely apologize.

Vlad

Thats ok brother, they are wonderful humble people, i'm sure they have forgiven you Cheesy

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 10:04:22 AM »

Vlad

Thank you for this, Vlad.  Smiley 

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tags: anglican 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: