OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 01:23:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexy II blesses St. Daniel’s bells returned from the USA  (Read 694 times) Average Rating: 0
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« on: September 13, 2008, 12:15:39 AM »

Alexy II blesses St. Daniel’s bells returned from the USA

Moscow, September 12, Interfax – Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia blessed historical bell ensemble of Moscow St. Daniel’s monastery.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev prayed at the festival service.

“I heartily thank His Excellency Mr. President Dmitry Anatolievich Medvedev who has come to share the joy of this historical event,” the Patriarch said.

Alexy II thanked everyone who helped “save, preserve and return” historical bells to Russia and expressed hope for more such affairs to unite the entire society.

“It is a key to mutual understanding and working for peace and accord,” the primate believes.

Then the Russian Orthodox Church received documents on property rights and historical bells rang in the monastery for the first time in eighty years.   Cheesy
========================

Orthodoc   

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 02:24:30 AM »

As I walked down Mt Auburn St to my Knights of Columbus meetings at Harvard over this summer, I was able to watch the process of removing the bells from Lowell House's tower. It was quite an operation! They had to dismantle the tower and build special super-strong rails to get the bells out. Then they had to install the new bells and put the tower back together. It took forever. I've not yet had a chance to hear the new bells ring (I never seem to be near Lowell House at the right time).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 02:25:06 AM by lubeltri » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: