OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 02:50:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Memory of September 11, 2001  (Read 1970 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: September 11, 2008, 01:36:58 AM »

As we go about our business today, take a moment to remember the victims of all nations and families that were interrupted by this terrible, terrible tragedy.  Pray for the families, pray for all the nations, and pray for one another.  May the Lord have mercy on us all and may their memories be eternal.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:43:44 AM »

May their memories be eternal!
May such a day never appear again anywhere in the world.
Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us.
Amen!
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 03:43:05 AM »

That all the victims of this treachery with the sixty-five Orthodox Christians among them be eternally in His memory, may we pray.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 04:56:06 AM »

Lord, have mercy. May their memory be eternal.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »

Memory eternal!  Lord have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »

Lord have mercy!

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »

Memory eternal!

Love never fails.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 01:54:02 PM »

Memroy Eternal!

I had a Liturgy today, and tacked on a Trisagion for the souls of all those who have been killed on that day, and in the aftermath that continues.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
AMM
Archon

Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 01:59:10 PM »

Prayers.

Any word on the status of the Greek church destroyed on that day?
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 02:04:41 PM »

Lord have mercy.  Memory Eternal!
AlexanderOfBergamo
High Elder

Faith: Traditionalist Christian
Jurisdiction: The Original First Millennium Church

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »

God the Father who art in heaven,
         I was just 17 when I assisted on TV to the very terrible event of 9/11/2001, but I can remember the Twin Towers falling, the explosions, the flames; in my eyes there's still the image of those men, women and children: their terror, sorrow, mournings and disorientation have touched my heart even if that happened on the other side of the world. Please, Father, I pray and ask you to spair such a terrible tragedy to those of this world, to forgive the sins of those who died, and also to convert to your beloved Son the hearts of those who planned such an evil attack. I'd especially like to remember those firemen who intervened at Ground Zero: may those who died to save other people be remembered and glorified as martyrs and Good Samaritans, and those heroes who survived be healed by the spiritual injuries of such a terrible moment. Please, Most Holy Trinity, Omnipotent God, through the intercession of the Holy Theotokos, Lady of Peace, have mercy on us, bring Love on our Earth and shield the World from the menace of terrorism, because even such a powerful instrument of Satan cannot prevail against Your invincible hand.
Amen!

"Also in the Catholic Church itself we take great care that we hold that which has been believed everywhere, always, by all. For that is truly and properly Catholic" (St. Vincent of Lérins, "The Commonitory")
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »

I remember that I woke up and turned on the TV and the first thing I saw was the second plane crashing into the second tower.  Lord have mercy on those who perished and let Your will be done!

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »

I remember that I woke up and turned on the TV and the first thing I saw was the second plane crashing into the second tower.  Lord have mercy on those who perished and let Your will be done!

Same here.  I woke up to get ready for class and they were just reporting the first plane crash when the second happened on the air.  I can honestly say that chills ran down my spine.  Lord have mercy. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:30:06 PM by EofK » Logged

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »

Memory eternal!

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »

Prayers.

I read in a Greek news paper that the city has offered to buy the land and relocate the church to an empty lot somewhere in the area.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:45:53 PM by Demetrios G. » Logged

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 06:13:23 PM »

Lord have mercy!  Memory eternal!

I remember being in grade 9 Chemistry class when the teacher told us about the first plane.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 07:25:51 PM »

Lord have mercy. +

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 07:33:48 PM »

Lord have mercy and may the memory of those who lost their lives in this terrible event be eternal!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
GreekChef
Prez
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America: Metropolis of Atlanta

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 08:24:13 PM »

Prayers.

I read in a Greek news paper that the city has offered to buy the land and relocate the church to an empty lot somewhere in the area.

Actually, if you check out the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation, you'll see that St. Nicholas is part of the rebuilding plan in Liberty Park south of Liberty St.

http://www.renewnyc.com/ThePlan/general_project_plan.asp  Check out the latest project plan... pg 10 and the map on the last page.

It strikes me as so terribly sad how easily our country has forgotten that terrible day.  I think of it so often, and I routinely follow the redevelopment of lower Manhattan.  It shocks me how little talk there has been this year.  It is when we forget that we are in great danger.  And it is when we forget that we are not doing our job, as Christians, to pray for the departed souls... even those of the terrorists themselves.  I just knew that I could count on everyone here not to forget! 

May our Lord pardon and remit the sins of the souls of those departed in the terrible attacks of that day.  And may He extend His great love and forgiveness to the souls of the terrorists who committed these atrocities.  May He send His Holy Spirit to comfort the families of those lost, and to comfort all of us who were so profoundly effected by the tragedies of that day.  May He watch over, and send His angels to guard our soldiers who continue to place themselves in harm's way for our sake as a result of 9/11, and may He have mercy on all of us!!!

Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
Matthew 18:5
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 08:38:10 PM »

БЛАЖЕНИ ПОКОЈ ДАЈ ГОСПОДЕ СВЕ ПОБЈЕНИ..И ВЕЧНАЈА ПАМЈАТ...АМИН....
BLESSED REST GRANT LORD ALL THE MURDERED..AND MEMORY ETERNAL...AMEN...
                     9-11-2001SmileyCentral.com" border="0SmileyCentral.com" border="0SmileyCentral.com" border="09-11-2001
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:42:27 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: