OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:49:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please forgive me  (Read 1438 times) Average Rating: 0
Acolyte

Faith: The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Jurisdictionalism is sin.

« on: September 11, 2008, 01:21:42 AM »

Please forgive me for anything immoral I've said or done in this forum. While I have legitimate objections to the leadership of the OCA, and what Old Calendarists have done in separating themselves from Orthodoxy, this is not the proper place to vent such frustration. It was a priest who psychologically abused me, not any member of this forum. It was a Metropolitan who stole from Jesus' coffers, not any members of this forum. To take it out on you is unfair and irrational, despite my commitment to live rationally in other parts of my life. Since I'm already under moderation, I believe it's best that I have a cooling off period before posting on this forum again.

Grace and peace.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:38:04 AM »

I forgive you and I hold nothing against you and I shed a tear of sadness and hope for you.   Cry
I'm glad you realized that this forum was not the appropriate place to vent. 

You know that Christ will take up your cross; you need to let Him do the job and you'll find peace sooner than you realize.  I know; I've been down that road for other events in my life.   Smiley
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 03:56:38 AM »

Please forgive me for anything immoral I've said or done in this forum. While I have legitimate objections to the leadership of the OCA, and what Old Calendarists have done in separating themselves from Orthodoxy, this is not the proper place to vent such frustration. It was a priest who psychologically abused me, not any member of this forum. It was a Metropolitan who stole from Jesus' coffers, not any members of this forum. To take it out on you is unfair and irrational, despite my commitment to live rationally in other parts of my life. Since I'm already under moderation, I believe it's best that I have a cooling off period before posting on this forum again.

Grace and peace.

I allso forgive because Godforgives....im old calender why are you against it ,,some one has to fight to keep our ancient traditions alive....the ecumenical patriarch should be the one defending our ancient tradition but he's not  ...organs pews, new calender....once little things are changed you can find excuses to change anything and the inportant things become fair game ,,and were does it stop ..look towards rome ,,,what its done with vatican 2....SmileyCentral.com" border="0
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:10:59 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
orthodoxlurker
Supporter & Defender of Fr Ambrose (Irish Hermit) - banned
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian - NOT a phanariote
Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate under siege

al-Saabir yaraa al-Hurriyah

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 05:09:17 AM »

May God forgive you.

Forgive me, a sinner, too.

Curse the Pope, for he is the root and cause of these disasters! - St. Nektarios of Aegina

You don't get to circumvent your post moderation by calling out the moderators in your signature. ~Veniamin, Global Moderator
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:40:20 AM »

Acolyte,
It actually is possible that we can all work together without having to go for each other's jugular, and OCnet is living proof.
I am under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, and I'm a Global Moderator on a forum which is Administered by an Old Calendarist. But we manage to set our differences aside so that we can work together to provide a forum for you guys. Neither of us stops being who we are, but ultimately, each of us is striving to follow Our Lord Jesus Christ as best we can according to the lights we have.
George

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:47:07 AM »

I forgive you and may God forgive us all.  I'm in the OCA too, brother.  We are in trying times, but there are things happening now that give me hope for the well-being of the OCA and for all of us.   Smiley

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »

Apology accepted. I am sorry if in any of my posts my responses inspired you to further sparring.  We can disagree without hate or oneupmanship.

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:41:16 AM »

It is a hard thing to apologize and to ask for forgiveness.  May our Lord grant you grace and peace for your humility and sorrow over past offences!

God bless,    Juliana Smiley
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »

I forgive you, Acolyte.  Forgive me for any way I may have offended you.  May God have mercy on both of us.  As EofK said, I am in the OCA also.  This is a very hard time, but we are working on it, and I believe we will come out of this stronger and better than we were before.  All of us are in this together.  I have had three fantastic priests in the time that I've been in the OCA.  I'm the proof that the old Russian saying that we get the priest we deserve is not true, because I've gotten much better priests than what I have deserved.  Let's keep the AAC in November in our prayers as we will be electing the new Metropolitan for the OCA.  I am sorry for the things that happened to you--I pray that you will find healing here in the Church.  That is why God brought me here too.  I have much healing to do also.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

I forgive you; may God forgive us all. Being in the OCA, I can understand your frustration. Many people have been hurt by the actions of those we thought we could trust. Yet God always preserves His Church, and everything works for the good of us who love Him. There is comfort knowing that though we are all sinners, Christ is always faithful and will never fail us.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 08:51:30 PM »

FORGIVEN!  I am just glad that you are being proactive with your faith and repentance.  We should always be learning how to be repentant and "changing our hearts and minds towards christ"

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 01:20:51 AM »

I forgive you, and may God forgive us all.
Acolyte

Faith: The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Jurisdictionalism is sin.

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 06:43:49 AM »

I feel much better than I did before, and I've learned to be more forgiving of the OCA, despite the sins of its hierarchy. Since I'm no longer part of it, I no longer wish to discuss its church politics. I've washed my hands of it and I've decided to move on.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: