OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 08:32:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Orthodox Monk who Prophecized 9/11  (Read 6013 times) Average Rating: 1
Acolyte

Faith: The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Jurisdictionalism is sin.

« on: September 10, 2008, 02:17:21 AM »

While this website is questionable, Spiritual Conversations and Edifications of Elder Anthony is one of Russia's best selling books. During the late 1970s, Elder Anthony communicated his visions of the future. This is his words regarding the 9/11 attacks...

Prophecy of 9/11
All of life in the last times will be one continuous sorrow and pain. And here it is not so important who is guilty of this or that, not at all. Sinful life itself--is already a catastrophe. The more "civilized" the place of habitation is, the more technical and apocalyptic natural disasters there will be. I saw contemporary Sodom--New York, in flames, the furnace of hell, ruins and countless sacrifices. But are they sacrifices?! Sacrifices are always pure, but these that perish are defiled, not having preserved their purity, having rejected the Truth and thrown themselves into the abyss of mankind, that is, demonic superstition. In trying to create a tower like the tower of Babylon for this enlightened government without God and His law, they will be its first sacrifices. The sacrifices of their own rulers even. As one of the steps toward a world-wide government, they will offer at the altar of Baal the lives of their fellow citizens.These rulers, people who believe in a judaism which has been reborn into satanism, in expectation of the false messiah, the antichrist, will do everything to bring about wars and tragedies of world-wide significance.

But the fire and destruction from this is not the end, but only the beginning. For the initial fire and destruction of the new Babylonian tower is from an explosion*,-- by the hand of man, although allowed by God. This evil deed, as an especially grave sin, will summon natural disasters. An explosion in the sea will cause a huge wave which will engulf the New Testament Sodom [ N.Y.]. Gomorrah [L.A.] will also soon suffer destruction from terrible storms, from water."
http://www.orthodoxrevival.com/index/911Prophecy.html
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »

I suppose we can say, "explosions in Manhattan on 09/11/01, just as Elder Anthony prophesied," and thus conclude that the elder prophesied 09/11.  But was this the specific explosion he foresaw?  Jesus Himself foresaw that wars and rumors of wars would precede His return, yet we've been fighting wars and hearing rumors of wars since He ascended to the heavens.  We know that Christ's words are true and will come to pass, but do we know specifically of which wars and rumors of wars Christ spoke?  The same with this Elder Anthony.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:20:39 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
AMM
Archon

Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 01:22:37 PM »

He should join Jack Van Impe.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 01:36:15 PM »

Is anyone else bothered by this gentleman's name?

'Jack' being a general or ubiquitous name for males.

'Van' being a Dutch name for 'of' or 'from'

New settlers in America were often identified not only by a patronymic signifying the father but also by a phrase telling something about the place of origin. The Dutch term "van" or the German term "von" were used at the beginning of the phrase

'Impe' being a variant of, and pronounced similar to, 'imp', which clearly has connections with the Devil:

An imp is a mythological being similar to a fairy or demon, frequently described in folklore and superstition...

Imps are usually described as mischievous more than seriously threatening, and as lesser beings rather than more important supernatural beings. The attendants of the devil are sometimes described as imps.

Therefore, Jack Van Impe is advertising himself as "The Man of the Devil's Attendants", here on a mischievous errand, talking so much of the Book of Revelations and the coming of the Antichrist.

Coincidence or conspiracy? You heard it here first....just remember that FrChris of Mississippi made this prediction!

Wink

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »

^I'm wondering if this prophecy might have been inspired by the 1975 fire at the World Trade Center?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:16:41 PM by EofK » Logged

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »

Therefore, Jack Van Impe is advertising himself as "The Man of the Devil's Attendants", here on a mischievous errand, talking so much of the Book of Revelations and the coming of the Antichrist.

Coincidence or conspiracy? You heard it here first....just remember that FrChris of Mississippi made this prediction!

Wink

Fr. Chris bless-

Boyl 'o boy!  I think your onto something here Fr.  Have you considered creating a newsletter? Cheesy

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Acolyte

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »

If you can't take Orthodox prophecy seriously, why are you an Orthodox Christian? Do you not believe that mysticism exists?

His is more from this important book?
http://www.vor.ru/English/Christian_Message/program.phtml?act=60
Acolyte

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 02:51:14 PM »

To let everyone know, I have astigmatism. I end up needing to modify messages often. I guess I can't do that now.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »

If you can't take Orthodox prophecy seriously, why are you an Orthodox Christian? Do you not believe that mysticism exists?
Our Orthodoxy is not determined by our attitude toward prophets, true or so-called, who identify themselves as Orthodox.  Our Orthodoxy is determined by our faithfulness to the doctrines of Jesus Christ and the Holy Apostles, at least one of whom exhorted us to test the spirits to see whether they are truly of God.  How do we know if this monk of whom you speak is truly of God?  Just because he's recognized as an elder doesn't automatically mean he is.
Acolyte

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 02:59:51 PM »

If you read the Bible, none of this prophecy should come as a shock:

Satan is in Control of Human Governments
http://www.harmlessasdoves.com/satanownsgov.html

I recommend reading the actual verses before commenting. Even Caesaropapism, if you look at the matter historically and objectively, is of the devil.

"The desire to rule is the mother of heresies," St. John Chrysostom.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »

A source apparently unaffiliated with the Orthodox Church and driven by the overarching agenda of self-styled Christian(?) pacifism.  Is this what we want to recognize as an authoritative interpretation of Scripture for an Orthodox discussion forum?
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »

If you read the Bible, none of this prophecy should come as a shock:

You forgot that the Prince of the World has already been judged, John 16:11.

"The desire to rule is the mother of heresies," St. John Chrysostom.

What context did you not include with the above quote?

Also, the Harmless as Doves Ministries seems to be run by a 25 year old male and his wife from Newark, Delaware according to the Myspace profile.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:57:33 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »

To let everyone know, I have astigmatism. I end up needing to modify messages often. I guess I can't do that now.

Actions have their consequences.  My father and my Math teacher always told me to "Think Before I Speak."  When I put tongue in brain, good things happened to me.  When I forgot to put tongue in brain, my whole world fell apart.  Something to think about....
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »

An explosion in the sea will cause a huge wave which will engulf the New Testament Sodom [ N.Y.]. Gomorrah [L.A.] will also soon suffer destruction from terrible storms, from water."
NY and LA haven't been engulfed by water as yet.
AMM
Archon

Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 04:05:23 PM »

I could use some help with Fantasy Football.
Acolyte

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »

A source apparently unaffiliated with the Orthodox Church and driven by the overarching agenda of self-styled Christian(?) pacifism.  Is this what we want to recognize as an authoritative interpretation of Scripture for an Orthodox discussion forum?

Again, read the actual verses before commenting.
Acolyte

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 05:41:30 PM »

Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ. - St. Jerome

The lack of Scriptural knowledge is the source of all evils in the Church. - St. John Chrysostom
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 05:42:59 PM »

No, thank you.  I prefer to read the verses in context, not as proof texts for a particular, restrictive point of view.
Acolyte

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »

No, thank you.  I prefer to read the verses in context, not as proof texts for a particular, restrictive point of view.

Well, then I suggest reading some Tolstoy, perhaps even some Berdyaev.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »

Not exactly helping your argument there, I should think.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 09:28:50 PM »

Is anyone else bothered by this gentleman's name?

'Jack' being a general or ubiquitous name for males.

'Van' being a Dutch name for 'of' or 'from'

New settlers in America were often identified not only by a patronymic signifying the father but also by a phrase telling something about the place of origin. The Dutch term "van" or the German term "von" were used at the beginning of the phrase

'Impe' being a variant of, and pronounced similar to, 'imp', which clearly has connections with the Devil:

An imp is a mythological being similar to a fairy or demon, frequently described in folklore and superstition...

Imps are usually described as mischievous more than seriously threatening, and as lesser beings rather than more important supernatural beings. The attendants of the devil are sometimes described as imps.

Wink

And here was I thinking that the name, Van Impe, merely stood for a family whose origins were from Impe in Belgium. Thanks, Fr Chris for opening my eyes! Grin

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »

Not exactly helping your argument there, I should think.
You have to admit that he has a lot of heart. laugh

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 04:03:37 AM »

You have to admit that he has a lot of heart. laugh

LOL! True. It may be shocking to some, but I ignore prophesies unfulfilled, even by Orthodox "elders", as they can never be disproved.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags: prophecy discernment 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: