OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 08:41:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cascading Quotes - new feature?  (Read 1819 times) Average Rating: 0
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« on: September 08, 2008, 02:01:12 AM »

I find myself editing out cascading quotes if I only wish to quote one person and not a sub-thread.  Is that a new feature, bug, or something else?

Thanks.   Smiley
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:15:56 AM »

Someone had requested this feature get put on...but I guess it can also be construed as a bug.  I'm willing to take a vote from the folks as to which is most convenient!  Comments are welcome in this thread.

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:32:21 AM »

Someone had requested this feature get put on...but I guess it can also be construed as a bug.  I'm willing to take a vote from the folks as to which is most convenient!  Comments are welcome in this thread.

I like the cascading quotes, but it wouldn't be too bad to have an option:
A: Simple quote
B: Cascading quotes.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 03:34:21 AM »

So in other words, you're trying to make me work? Smiley

I'll see what I can do.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 07:32:34 AM »

It is much more difficult to construct your own cascading quotes if necessary for clarity than to edit out the ones you don't want. But it would be even better if we had a "quote" button that just quoted that one post, and a "quote all" button that quoted the whole series in a cascade.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

ΠΑΝΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΥΜΕΛΑ

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »

I'm with Y-Man on this one, pretty much.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »

It is much more difficult to construct your own cascading quotes if necessary for clarity than to edit out the ones you don't want. But it would be even better if we had a "quote" button that just quoted that one post, and a "quote all" button that quoted the whole series in a cascade.
Either way, it's a big inconvenience, but I'm with Mr. Y in saying that simple quotes as we've known them are the bigger hassle and I do prefer the cascading quotes.  If we had a choice between "Quote Post" and "Quote All", that would be even better.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 12:26:20 PM »

I have a more difficult time reading cascading quotes, due to a 1 post mind.   Wink
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 02:43:36 PM »

*Bump*

I'm not sure if Cap'n Robert has handed down his verdict yet, but I don't care for the cascading feature at all.  But since everyone else seems to be for it (and I am a friendly go-with-the-flow kinda guy Cheesy) then I vote for Y-Man's option. Smiley

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »

I like Y-man's idea, but if it's not tenable, then just keep the cascading quotes option.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: