OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 03:25:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: English Music Site?  (Read 825 times) Average Rating: 0
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« on: September 06, 2008, 11:58:15 AM »

Perhaps there is already some information posted regarding this topic, if so, I apologize. I'm wondering if there is a site with english liturgical downloadable music such as liturgica.ru, with all the basic hymns of the church sung in russian style?

Thanks!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Andrew21091
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »

http://www.holycrosskliros.org/

"Holy Cross Kliros is the musical web-project of the Hermitage of the Holy Cross, established with the blessing of the Liturgical Music Commission of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia. The purpose of this site is to make available for Liturgical use Orthodox Hymnody in the English Language, based on the best traditional sources of Orthodox Chant."

Andrew--

We actively discourage posters merely placing links up on the forum without some sort of explanation of what that site contains.

In the future, please put in some sort of description of what the link leads to.

Thanks!

+Fr Chris
Admin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:59:38 PM by FrChris » Logged
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »

Thanks Andrew! It's great to know about this site. I hope they will continue to develop it to include singing and a wider selection, like the liturgica.ru, but do appreciate you pointing this out to me.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: