OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 02:51:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abp. HILARION of ROCOR's sermon on the Western Rite  (Read 2100 times) Average Rating: 0
kelfar

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Byzantine Chant

« on: September 06, 2008, 01:27:04 AM »

http://www.southernoncology.com.au/sermond56K_Dial_Up_Stream001.mov
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 01:49:46 AM »

Definitely an interesting sermon. Smiley  Though, Metropolitan Hilarion is really just restating what many have already said about the Western Rite and Western liturgies.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 02:42:33 AM »

I'll listen to this sometime when I have more time and am awake.  Sounds interesting.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 01:43:46 AM »

I don't know...didn't think much of it.  It didn't seem negative though, which I think is good.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:52:41 AM »

When was the sermon delivered?  Recently?  A while ago?  A longer while ago?  Decades ago?
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 02:07:28 AM »

Definitely an interesting sermon. Smiley  Though, Metropolitan Hilarion is really just restating what many have already said about the Western Rite and Western liturgies.

My audio is not working.  Anything specific he says?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:19:12 AM »

Just emphasising that the west was Orthodox and so were her liturgies, vestments, traditions, etc.  In particular he mentioned the Gallican Rite, Mozarabic Rite and the Orthodox past of England.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:21:23 AM by Friul » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 02:41:29 AM »

Just emphasising that the west was Orthodox and so were her liturgies, vestments, traditions, etc.  In particular he mentioned the Gallican Rite, Mozarabic Rite and the Orthodox past of England.
Thanks.
Any chance of an Orthodox Ambrosian rite in your neck of the woods?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 12:09:58 PM »

Thanks.
Any chance of an Orthodox Ambrosian rite in your neck of the woods?

I pray that there will be one soon.  But it doesn't seem like it is meant to be, yet.

Timos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

Someone I know who is involved in the initiative told me that he and a Western Rite Abbot from a monastery not far from my area, are heading towards St. Vlad's to investigate the possibility of the seminary to teach Western Rite liturgics and faith, such as the latin fathers, gregorian chant etc. It seems like its a go because I've been told that they're already compiling books on the Western Rite to add to their library.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: