OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 11:14:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to identify a bizarre movie  (Read 1013 times) Average Rating: 0
Nyssa The Hobbit
Used to be OrthodoxFairyQueen
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian as of 1/10/09
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« on: August 31, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »

Back in the 70s or early 80s, my parents watched a strange movie on TV.  This was before cable and VCRs reached our household, so it had to be on one of the Big 3 networks, PBS or our local LeSea Christian Broadcasting station.  (LeSea Ministries was based in my hometown.)  It may have been a TV-movie.

What I recall:

--Everybody in Elizabethan (Shakespearean) clothing.

--A young woman goes to her sisters and mother and says she has just heard about Christ.  But her mother gets upset and hands her a ticket to Hell, saying she's going to go to Hell like the rest of the family.

--When it comes time to use these tickets, the family goes to the entrance of a cave.  There are human-seeming guards there who take the tickets.  They go down into Hell, where they soon discover it wasn't as great as they thought it would be.  They are tormented by the lashes of demons, etc.

After reading about the Carr/Mond Productions by the Ormond family, I thought maybe they made this movie.  But there isn't enough information about them on the Web to really tell for sure.

Anybody know what this movie was?

Author of "Tojet" (fantasy) and "The Lighthouse" (Gothic), info available at my website URL.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 02:37:44 PM »

Maybe The Burning Hell - from 1974?
Nyssa The Hobbit
Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 05:57:43 PM »

Nope.  I found that one on Youtube and skimmed through it.

Author of "Tojet" (fantasy) and "The Lighthouse" (Gothic), info available at my website URL.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »

Could it be Five Tickets to Hell (1963)? Never heard of it, though...
FairyQueen, have you ever seen The Haunted (1991)? I was looking for the movie for a long time, and I cam across it on YouTube. I remember watching that movie as a kid when they showed it on TV.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:40:22 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Nyssa The Hobbit
Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »

No, that seems to be about gangsters in the 20s.

I haven't seen "The Haunted," but it sounds intriguing.

SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »

How about a skit from the Benny Hill show?
Nyssa The Hobbit
Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 08:16:22 PM »

LOL  Uh...No.  Smiley

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: