OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 05:05:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for Heorhij and Ukrainia  (Read 1910 times) Average Rating: 0
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« on: August 19, 2008, 01:36:14 AM »

My prayers for Brother Heorhij that he may survive the political forum,And that God Keep's Ukrainia safe From russian and civil war ......Amen......SmileyCentral.com" border="0Благослови Боже...Дај Мир....Имена Твога Ради  Просим....Амин
Lord Have Mercy....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:47:38 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 01:53:16 AM »

Am I the only one here who is grateful that the people who post in the political forum (myself included) are not responsible for formulating the actual foreign policy of real-life nations?  The private forums need to be taken with a grain of salt.  Everyone needs to chill out down there.

Lord have mercy on all of us.

Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:58:13 AM »

Thank you, brothers.

I know that none of us is a professional in politics nor a statesman/stateswoman.

My strong emotional reaction to the anti-USA sentiment on the Politics and to the proponents of the Huntington's "Clash of civilizations" theory is not one of an "academician," but simply of a person who has relatives in Ukraine and is very, very afraid of the possible military conflict between Russia and her neighbors other than Georgia. Absolutely regardless of how many Iraquis and Serbs have been killed by the US bombs and artillery shells, I fear that the US and the world does nothing, and my nieces and little grand-niece will be baked alive by Russian bombs and artillery shells. That's all.

Again, thank you for remembering me in your holy prayers.

Love never fails.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 08:02:15 AM »

Lord, have mercy on us.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 08:37:14 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 11:12:28 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »

Lord, Have Mercy!
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:00:07 PM »

Lord have mercy.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 09:04:14 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 10:16:23 PM »

Lord have mercy. Bestow upon us all a spirit of  Christian peace, love, understanding, gentleness and  forgiveness!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »

Again, thank you, brothers and sisters. Forgive me, a sinner, for being way too harsh and abrasive on that forum. Please, may I ask... pray also for our Serbian brothers, Orthodoxlurker and SouthSerb99, and for our Chinese brother SDCheung. I am very concerned about them; honestly, they frighten me and I really believe that they need a lot of spiritual help. Lord, have mercy on us all.

Love never fails.
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 11:24:15 AM »

statesman/stateswoman.

"Statesmen" implys any person male or famale. It is the same as 'hu-man' or 'man-kind'; correct?

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »

"Statesmen" implys any person male or famale. It is the same as 'hu-man' or 'man-kind'; correct?
I don't like to diverge like this on the prayer forum, but I will address your concern quickly. If this gets too long, we can always split it.

Although grammatically correct, since the women's movement of the 1960s English has shied away from words that are gender-specific, preferring for example "chair" rather than "chairman," "police officer" rather than "policeman." The terms "man" (meaning both men and women) and "mankind" have been almost completely replaced by "humanity." Unfortunately, there is no gender-neutral term for "statesman," hence Heorhij's use of both genders.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 12:49:56 PM »

In Reference to Reply #11:

Amen!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 02:06:30 PM »

Again, thank you, brothers and sisters. Forgive me, a sinner, for being way too harsh and abrasive on that forum. Please, may I ask... pray also for our Serbian brothers, Orthodoxlurker and SouthSerb99, and for our Chinese brother SDCheung. I am very concerned about them; honestly, they frighten me and I really believe that they need a lot of spiritual help. Lord, have mercy on us all.

Hello brother ,,start a new prayer thread  for them and i and others will join you in praying for them....SmileyCentral.com" border="0

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
JustinianPrima
Banned
Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 10:43:06 PM »

Lord have mercy
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:43:16 PM by JustinianPrima » Logged

This poster was also registered under the username "macedonia74" and had been banned from OCnet under that name.
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »

I don't like to diverge like this on the prayer forum, but I will address your concern quickly. If this gets too long, we can always split it.

Although grammatically correct, since the women's movement of the 1960s English has shied away from words that are gender-specific, preferring for example "chair" rather than "chairman," "police officer" rather than "policeman." The terms "man" (meaning both men and women) and "mankind" have been almost completely replaced by "humanity." Unfortunately, there is no gender-neutral term for "statesman," hence Heorhij's use of both genders.

Thanks.

To my brother Heorhij. My prayers continually...Amen. And thank you for allowing me this small side track. I have always been uncertain as to how this term is used.

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: