OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 04:31:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communion in the Tewahdo Church  (Read 1377 times) Average Rating: 0
songul

Faith: orthodox

« on: August 10, 2008, 02:39:01 PM »

Hello to all,

I would like to know what are the preparations for taking the Holy Communion in this Church.

As I have noticed, only children take Holy Communion and adults told me none of them is either clean or
innocent enough or they are even afraid of.

How are the teachings of the church about this?

With greetings Songul.
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,16857.msg243895.html#msg243895

This is discussed a little bit in reply 68 of the above thread.

Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »

Hello to all,

I would like to know what are the preparations for taking the Holy Communion in this Church.

As I have noticed, only children take Holy Communion and adults told me none of them is either clean or
innocent enough or they are even afraid of.

How are the teachings of the church about this?

With greetings Songul.

The people you are talking to are not talking to you about 'orthodoxy' at all.

I am sorry that you are being mis-informed.

You may see adult Ethiopians do this but it is a form of 'religious' ignorance.

You should know that none of us are worthy to partake. We partake at Gods mercy and our own penitential and contrite heart.

The Holy Communion is a gift from God to man. It is sacred and cleansing. How can anyone be a Christian; one of Gods people with without partaking?

Christ said "anyone who does not partake of my body and blood has no part in me".

So please if you are a member of the Ethiopian Church prepare yourself as is taught by the fathers to live a life of christian virtue with fasting, confession (as much as you can) and penance. Then awake early and attend the whole service and then take Holy Communion. If you do this and the priest does not want to give you Christ's Holy Body and precious Blood because you are not a baby than you should find another church that follows correct orthodoxy.

I have had Ethiopians tell me that "the Ethiopian Church does not baptise adults; only babies".

That is a local rumor in the Ethiopian country side that some people beleive.

This is not the canon of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahado Church. HH Abuna Paulos Patriarch of Ethiopia has been working dilligently to educate and teach all people of our ancient church the true essence and nature of the Apostolic Orthodox faith that we have held for almost 2000 years.

To many of us in this age are far from understanding the true essence and life of the orthodox faith and mistakenly pass this ignorance on to others.

Please pray for us that we reach every soul.

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
Tags: Ethiopian Orthodox Church communion 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: