OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 10:59:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OC.net Member Map  (Read 3156 times) Average Rating: 0
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« on: August 05, 2003, 12:50:37 PM »

If you haven't already, I would like to encourage all registered forum members to place their pin on the OC.net Member Map, which can be found by clicking here.

It's very encouraging for me at least to see where all of us OCNetters habitate.  How do you guys feel about it?

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 01:10:46 PM »

What's going on in the Africa map?
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 01:15:57 PM »

It appears that some users, while they are clicking on a USA map with their pin, have not changed the pull down menu from Africa(the first on the list) to USA, so their pin goes in the right place(coordinates xx,yy) but on the wrong map.  That is why if you hover your cursor above the pins you see the name of the US city.

-Yazid Ibrahim
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 12:25:33 PM »

What's up with the west coast ? Clearly we need to boost our representation or we face domination by ...........

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 02:50:26 PM »

Sounds like you need to get busy brother Jakub. Smiley

-Yazid Ibrahim
Brigid of Kildare
Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 03:32:58 PM »

Angela,

You and I look like we are glaring at each other across the Irish Sea! Are you getting the heatwave in Scotland at the moment?

Brigid

Bríd Naomhtha, Mhuire na nGaeil, Guí Orainn
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 05:02:05 PM »

Brigid ,
It's as hot as .........
We had a wee storm last night  and it has done nothing to help at all.

Ah well - we complain about the weather when it's hot and when it's wet, and when it's snowing  etc etc

Let's face it  - we are never satisfied.

How are you doing ?

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 06:26:54 PM »

Ok, brother David

Found a deal on EBay and getting the Goodrich blimp to fly the west coast.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Jenny

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 08:33:47 PM »

I've tried twice to place my pin.  I definitely selected USA from the pull down menu first.   Does it take a while to update the pin or should it happen right away? Huh

Jenny
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.A.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 02:56:56 AM »

It should happen right away Jenny, I don't know why it isn't working for you. I searched all the maps and you aren't registered on any of them. Looks like Bobby needs to take another look at the code when he next gets out on parole Wink

John.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 07:29:23 AM »

user error Smiley

Jenny

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 08:07:59 AM »

user error Smiley

Probably! Grin   Ok, this is exactlywhat I did.  Please tell me where I went wrong.

I clicked on "clicking here" in David's post above.  A map of the U.S. came up with "Place my pin" written above the map.  I clicked on "Place my pin."  A box came up with "Edit Member Map" and my name under it.  I changed the pull down menu map to U.S.A.  I typed in Fort Lauderdale for the city and selected Florida from the pull down menu for the region.  I selected USA for the country and saw the little U.S. flag come up.  I then clicked "Save Pin."  and the box went away.  The main map still doesn't have my pin on it.  Where am I going wrong?

Jenny
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 08:52:25 AM »

It sounds to me like you did the right thing...perhaps Bobby will enlighten us mere mortals and tell you what you need to do.

-Yazid Ibrahim
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 05:02:07 PM »

Argle-bargle!  I set my pin and I *thought* followed instructions.  Maybe Maryland is too small...  I'm in the box as "N/A" and I don't know if I'm there or not....  It goes along with I don't show up in picnic photos 8-).  I'm not really anywhere, I'm somewhere else instead.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Brigid of Kildare
Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2003, 05:41:02 PM »

Brigid ,
It's as hot as .........
We had a wee storm last night  and it has done nothing to help at all.

Ah well - we complain about the weather when it's hot and when it's wet, and when it's snowing  etc etc

Let's face it  - we are never satisfied.

How are you doing ?

You only had a wee storm? We had the worst lightning strikes here for years and hundreds were left without electricity overnight. We are sweltering here and it's so hot it has taken the sting out of not being able to attend the Summerfest.

Wish we had our American friends air conditioning though....

Brigid

the slave
High Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2003, 06:07:03 PM »

gracious  - that did not hit our papers !

Wy is it that we are never satisfied with the weather ?

Now of course it's too hot for the trains to run to time !!  You see the rails are over heating !

And if all you Americans think we are kidding - we are not

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2003, 07:28:38 PM »

Brigid,

Remember it's a Scottish wee.  Y'know, as in "Ach, we had a wee problem with the english for a few years."  Smiley

Ebor,

...you're not a person, place, or thing.

Ebor: a state of mind.  Smiley

-Yazid Ibrahim
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2003, 02:16:01 AM »

Now of course it's too hot for the trains to run to time !!  You see the rails are over heating !

We had that get to extremes one summer near the town of Cootamundra* where I used to live in Australia. A long section of track had expanded beyond its limits and suddenly lifted up out of the ballast and slid a few metres to one side. Thankfully no trains were passing at the time.

John

* Cootamundra - name derived from the Aboriginal term meaning "dried up waterhole". A very apt description indeed.
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2003, 04:11:09 AM »

Brigid,

First mention about your storms this morning on BBC Radio - they even mentioned that the HSBC Call Centre in Belfast had been hit by a Lightening strike !

All we got - honestly - were a few claps of thunder , one brief flash of lightning [ and if you blinked you missed it Cheesy] and rain [ not even heavy mind] for about 90 mins afterwards.

This morning it's sunny and refreshingly cool Cheesy

Hve a great weekend - we have more O..... Walks tomorrow and I wanted to go into Town Sad

- St. John Maximovitch
Brigid of Kildare
Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2003, 04:49:46 PM »

Thanks Angela,

The lightning really was bad here,  a number of buildings were struck. Not far from where I live an 80 year old deaf woman had to be rescued from her home after the roof of her house took a direct hit and went on fire. She couldn't hear the storm so a neighbour had to kick the door down to get her out. Thank God nobody was hurt.

I think I am going to take this whole climate change thing more seriously from now on, and the authorities need to as well, we are totally unprepared for extremes of weather in these islands.

I'm sure American visitors must be amazed by how ill-equipped we are, but this being Ireland I have every confidence that rain will soon be falling again once more....

Have a good weekend

Brigid

David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2003, 11:15:20 AM »

Just a reminder for all of the new members...the Member Map is a fun addition to the board you don't see on most sites.  I encourage all of you to participate.   Grin

Hey, this is my 1,000th post.  Took me long enough.   Cool

-Yazid Ibrahim
the slave
High Elder

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003, 11:35:41 AM »

Well wasn't that an excellent reason to post reminding us all about the map Tongue

Of course the thought of getting your 1000th post in that way never crossed your mind Cheesy

- St. John Maximovitch
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2003, 04:18:31 PM »

There are no coincidences, only providence.  :p

I wish more people would use the member map, it's a nice feature that not many boards have.

-Yazid Ibrahim
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2004, 10:44:07 PM »

*Bump* for our new members.

-Yazid Ibrahim
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: