OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 08:34:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox-Protestant Debate  (Read 2604 times) Average Rating: 0
robinphillips

« on: July 21, 2008, 06:35:46 PM »

I am publishing a debate on my blog on the subject "Is Protestantism Heretical" between myself and an Orthodox apologist. I am getting four scholars (two Protestants, two Orthodox) to comments on who they think won the debate and why. If anyone reading this would like to apply for the position of the Orthodox scholar, please contact me privately via the OC.net email or PM function.

Robin,

As a rule, we discourage posters from posting public links to their email addresses because of all the ways your internet privacy and security can be attacked (e.g., web crawlers and the like).  You're not in trouble or anything; if anything, I'm just trying to save you a big headache. Wink  If you want to encourage people here to contact you, a much better way is to invite us to contact you via the functions OC.net provides, such as private messages and the email button (the envelope icon to the left of every post), since these do a much better job of hiding your email address from the general public.  Don't worry about having your email address in your forum profile, though, since one must log on via a forum account to see that.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:34:57 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
robinphillips

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 10:09:02 AM »

What does the PM function refer to?

The debate is now online at http://robinphillips.blogspot.com/2008/08/debate-is-protestantism-heretical.html
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:31:27 PM »

What does the PM function refer to? 

The Private Messaging system.  You can access it by clicking the "My Messages" link in the blue bar near the top of the OC.net forum screen (in between "Profile" and "Calendar").  We prefer you use this to, say, posting your email, since web bots can indeed pull your email from a public post and then add it to their spam lists.  Your email in the profile, and the link to it, are protected from this since only members can view them.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: