OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 08:25:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dormition Fast  (Read 891 times) Average Rating: 0
Hypo-Ortho
« on: August 01, 2003, 09:23:51 AM »

Dear friends in Christ, brothers and sisters all!

For those of us Orthodox Christians on the Revised Julian (or "New") Calendar, today we begin the Fast of the Theotokos in preparation for the Great Feast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary on August 15.  I pray that all of us may have a spiritually profitable fast, one very difficult to keep in the middle of the summer for those of us in Northern climes!

Please keep in your prayers in a special way during the next few days my godson, the Reader Stephen, who is recovering from surgery on Wednesday.  Thank you.

In Christ,
Hypo-Ortho
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 10:04:46 AM »

If this is like other lists and boards I belong to, the fasting periods can bring out a lot of passion and angst, so we may want to wait a few minutes before we hit the post button if we are feeling passionately about a subject.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 11:24:39 AM »

Brother Hypo,

I will add your Godson to my prayers.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: