OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 02:01:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Services for St. Nicholas the Wonderworker???  (Read 1435 times) Average Rating: 0
SakranMM
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Most Holy Theotokos, save us!

« on: July 10, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »

Tonight, our college group will be talking about a weeping icon of St. Nicholas, and we thought it would be appropriate to do a service in honor of the Wonderworker.  I found an Akathist online, but I was wondering if anyone has a link to maybe a Supplicatory Canon to St. Nicholas?  Please, I need this before tonight!

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."
Byzantine2008
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:15:49 PM »

Tonight, our college group will be talking about a weeping icon of St. Nicholas, and we thought it would be appropriate to do a service in honor of the Wonderworker.  I found an Akathist online, but I was wondering if anyone has a link to maybe a Supplicatory Canon to St. Nicholas?  Please, I need this before tonight!

i was browsing through the forum and was also very interested in getting a hold of it.

Are there any links to his troparion in greek?

In Christ

Let your will be done O Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of you All Pure Mother and all the saints!
Byzantine2008
Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:12:47 AM »

Mmmm seems like its not on the net.

Let your will be done O Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of you All Pure Mother and all the saints!
LBK
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:37:29 AM »

Yes it is:

Απολυτίκιο. Ήχος δ'.
Κανόνα πίστεως, και εικόνα πραότητας, εγκράτειας διδάσκαλον, ανέδειξε σε τη ποίμνη σου, η των πραγμάτων αλήθεια· δια τούτο εκτήσω τη ταπεινώσει τα υψηλά, τη πτωχεία τα πλούσια, Πάτερ Ιεράρχα Νικόλαε, πρέσβευε Χριστώ τω Θεώ, σωθήναι τας ψυχάς ημών.

And a link to a downloadable recording of the supplicatory canon to the saint:

http://www.pigizois.net/sinaxaristis/12/06_12.htm

Byzantine2008
Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:47:53 AM »

Yes it is:

Απολυτίκιο. Ήχος δ'.
Κανόνα πίστεως, και εικόνα πραότητας, εγκράτειας διδάσκαλον, ανέδειξε σε τη ποίμνη σου, η των πραγμάτων αλήθεια· δια τούτο εκτήσω τη ταπεινώσει τα υψηλά, τη πτωχεία τα πλούσια, Πάτερ Ιεράρχα Νικόλαε, πρέσβευε Χριστώ τω Θεώ, σωθήναι τας ψυχάς ημών.

And a link to a downloadable recording of the supplicatory canon to the saint:

http://www.pigizois.net/sinaxaristis/12/06_12.htm

God bless you brother

thank you very much.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: