OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 30, 2015, 05:35:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feasts for August According to the Syrian Calendar  (Read 965 times) Average Rating: 0
Mor Ephrem
The Fourteenth Apostle
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"The grace of God has appeared..."

« on: July 29, 2003, 09:43:11 PM »

I am sorry that I didn't post any of the feasts for July; I forgot.  Apparently, so did everyone else.  Tongue  So, I am entering the feasts for August a couple of days early.  

+++

1st:  The Holy Maccabees, their mother Morth Shmuni, and their teacher Eleazar

And: The Dormition Fast begins (till the 15th)

6th:  The Feast of Booths (Mtale) -- the Transfiguration of Our Lord

12th:  Mor Ozazoel the Martyr

15th:  Shunoyo, the Assumption (Dormition) of the Mother of God; Intercession of the Virgin Mary for the Vines

19th:  Mor Laby the Disciple

24th:  Saint Matthias the Apostle

29th:  Beheading of Saint John the Baptist

"...you could not bear, Master, in the compassion of your mercy to watch the human race being tyrannised by the devil, but you came and saved us. We acknowledge your grace, we proclaim your mercy, we do not conceal your benevolence..."
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 11:40:08 PM »

Thank you Brother Mor, I can add it to my Greek, Russian, new/old Roman calendars.

I also have a NASCAR calendar but that's another story.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: