OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 07:48:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Summerfest update--7/28/03  (Read 3285 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: July 28, 2003, 08:53:40 PM »

Friends,

This weekend is the Summerfest!

Please private message me or email me at anastasios0513@yahoo.com if:

1) You have changed your mind and would like to come;

2) You need to cancel;

3) You were previously undecided and you need to give us your firm yes or no;

4) You will be fasting and want to request that we purchase some type of veggie burger, etc.;

5) You have some lingering question or concern, you are not sure about something, etc.

We have rented the shelter which means we have already committed some money to this.  We also on Saturday morning before the event will be purchasing the food.  So please keep the lines of communication open!  Smiley

TIME: We have decided 11 am as the meeting time.

PLACE: See the previous thread "Final Head Count" in the Board News forum for the address.

See you all soon!

anastasios
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 08:55:07 PM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 09:47:39 PM »

I hope there are going to pics posted of this great event for us unable to attend due to $ or incarceration etc.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 01:25:03 AM »

Unfortunately, I just found out that I will not be able to attend, mostly to incarceration. Smiley

I was not able to get sunday off from my job and I am taking a very special someone out to dinner for her birthday on friday.  

As Hypo said, take lots of photos, and someone should bring a camcorder. Smiley

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 01:59:38 AM »

David,

you really have to progress from just looking at the avatars to see who posted Grin

John.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 04:28:31 AM »

David<<As Hypo said, take lots of photos, and someone should bring a camcorder.>>

Um, that wasn't I that said that, David.  Jakub (James) and I have the same avatar--it was he that said it! Grin   But that's okay--I'd like to see pics of the Summerfest too!

Hypo-Ortho
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 09:25:30 AM »

The time is ticking...

I'm PUMPED!

Bobby
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 09:35:02 AM »

Ugh... <insert comment here about how much easier life is when everyone has a different avatar>  

Sorry 'bout that.  Smiley

-Yazid Ibrahim
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 11:44:59 AM »

I can't come; gotta work. Sorry.

Maybe next year, God willing.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 03:58:18 PM »

I am!

Matt
TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 10:17:23 AM »

Update --

Put your dancin' shoes on.

Mor Ephram and TonyS arrived last night at midnight.

Bobby and Frobisher arrived today at 11:00 AM.

Nik just arrived (3:18 PM)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 03:20:55 PM by TomS » Logged
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 05:42:42 PM »

I was not able to get sunday off from my job and I am taking a very special someone out to dinner for her birthday on friday.  

Good idea. You can always spend time with the guys later.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2003, 10:10:06 PM »

Not a good idea.  When one commits to something weeks in advance and money is involved, it is a problem for others if one suddenly cancels. Now with David there was no problem since he said it was for work though so he has a valid and good reason for having to cancel, but if he had canceled because of a dinner that would have been very wrong since he had committed to the OCnet gettogether and we assumed places for everyone who said they were coming 2 weeks ago.

And sinjin, he can't "always hang out with the guys later."  We have lives too and we don't just have a gettogether every month!  We planned this this out several weeks in advance and some of the "definitely coming" people did not show up (without letting anyone know, too!) so I was perturbed since we bought food for them. But the people who did come had a great time and we are definitely doing this again next year.

anastasios
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 10:13:44 PM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2003, 10:19:25 PM »

I was wondering if  you had gotten back safely with the rain storms that went through this afternoon.  It's good to see that you did.  

It was great to meet you and your wife in person.  I wish I'd had more time to chat with you all.  

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2003, 11:11:25 PM »

Sinjin,

Thanks for the support.  I agree with all of the points that Anastasios said, but being that courting Orthodox women and the improbabilities associated therein has been a recurring theme in our conversations of late, I know what you meant.  

Anastasios,

Thanks for understanding.  The dinner was a way to slightly make up for me being bummed out over not being able to attend.  Making lemons out of lemonade as it were.  In retrospect, perhaps it was providence I was not able to go.  My car broke down thursday night, and I had to spend all the money I was going to spend for the trip repairing it.  

-Yazid Ibrahim
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2003, 11:13:38 PM »

Postscript:

Hopefully OCfest 2004 will be announced at least 2-3 months in advance so those of us who weren't able to attend due to other obligations (Linus, Oblio, Sinjin, myself, etc) can have enough time to secure time off from work/school/etc.

-Yazid Ibrahim
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2003, 02:22:57 AM »

Not a good idea.  When one commits to something weeks in advance and money is involved, it is a problem for others if one suddenly cancels. Now with David there was no problem since he said it was for work though so he has a valid and good reason for having to cancel, but if he had canceled because of a dinner that would have been very wrong since he had committed to the OCnet gettogether and we assumed places for everyone who said they were coming 2 weeks ago.

And sinjin, he can't "always hang out with the guys later."  We have lives too and we don't just have a gettogether every month!  We planned this this out several weeks in advance and some of the "definitely coming" people did not show up (without letting anyone know, too!) so I was perturbed since we bought food for them. But the people who did come had a great time and we are definitely doing this again next year.

anastasios

Just want to ditto want Anastasios said as a public service announcement.

I went to my 10-yr High School reunion recently.  Most of the word was spread via Classmates.com, as >75% of my class is registered there.  Well, MANY people that said they were coming didn't come and several that came to the "social" downtown at the bar/pool didn't come the next day, whining about the $55.  The organizer ended up puting down a big deposit and probably lost a lot of money.  At the end, they did a "pass the hat" thing to those who did show (even though they paid of course) so the organizer wasn't out so much money.  Just another anecdote to let everyone know that flaking out on events is really bad form.
Tags: SummerFest 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: