OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 12:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Rodriguez Separated from Wife  (Read 4395 times) Average Rating: 0
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« on: July 03, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »

NY Yankess superstar Alex Rodriguez (who was recognized at the 2005 Leadership 100 Conference) is reportedly linked with Madonna 3 months after Alex's wife gave birth to the couple's 2nd daughter.  From the AP:

NEW YORK - Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez and his wife have split less than three months after the birth of the couple's second daughter, according to a report in the New York Daily News.

The story on the newspaper's Web site comes amid reports linking Rodriguez to Madonna. Rodriguez refused to address the topic on three occasions Tuesday, once saying "no" when asked if he had any comment.

Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner also criticized the team's lack of hitting before an 18-7 win over the Texas Rangers on Wednesday night, suggesting "a little less outside distractions and a little more concentrating" might help the team at the plate.

The Daily News reported Wednesday night, citing an anonymous source, that Rodriguez and wife, Cynthia, have separated after having "problems" for about three months.

Cynthia Rodriguez's mother, Evangeline Scurtis, also denied a gossip Web site report that her daughter had gone on a romantic getaway with rocker Lenny Kravitz to Paris.

"She is not! I know that," Scurtis told The Daily News.

Kravitz issued a statement of denial Thursday.

"Cynthia is a friend and is here with the godfather of her baby, who is also Alex's trainer, his wife and their baby girl. She came here to escape from everything happening in New York City," he said. "I opened my home to her as a friend and I find it extremely hurtful that I am now being referred to as an adulterer."

Scurtis repeatedly declined comment when asked about her daughter's relationship with Rodriguez.

The couple was married in November 2002 and has two children, Natasha Alexander and Ella Alexander, who was born April 21.
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:46:18 PM »

Wow that sounds like more his and his wife's business than anyone else's.  just because he plays baseball doesn't mean everyone in the world has the right to know his personal business.  In fact I don't even watch the news, most of it isn't any of my business.  National and statewide news, news that involves the local community is relevant, but not who is rich and who is getting divorced.

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »

If it is true regarding Ms M  Tongue I would say he has very bad taste and judgement...

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
buzuxi
Elder

Faith: GREEK ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: WORLD ORTHODOXY AGAINST ECUMENISM

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:45:10 PM »

More immoral famous people. Nothing new, nor surprising.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »

More immoral famous people. Nothing new, nor surprising.

Please don't represent me on Judgement Day.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »

Lord have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:17:42 PM »

"The National Herald," a Greek-American newspaper, had reported that Rodriguez's wife is, at least partially as I can recall, a Greek-American.  I do not know if she is Orthodox, but her mother's name is indicative of Greek heritage.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:20:57 PM by BTRAKAS » Logged

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:39:47 PM »

She is, as is Alex. Her father is a priest AFAIK.

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 09:14:57 PM »

Torrey, Reply #8; What does "AFAIK" mean?

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »

AFAIK= as far as i know

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 10:04:07 PM »

Torrey, Reply #10; Thanks.  I didn't see the mother's last name in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America's Yearbook 2008, either listed among the priests or the retired priests.  Any idea about his jurisdictional affiliation?

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 10:40:44 PM »

She is, as is Alex. Her grandfather father is a priest AFAIK.

Correction, Her Grandfather is a Greek Orthodox Priest who founded the first GOA Church in Miami.  More info from a NY Post Article

Alex is not of Greek descent as he hails from the Dominican Republic.

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 11:28:45 PM »

But Alex did convert to Orthodoxy.

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 12:48:40 AM »

But Alex did convert to Orthodoxy.

Maybe he'll convert Madonna, the protesting Catholic girl herself.   Grin

Edited for content
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:04:52 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 01:28:57 AM »

Why grin? She's a child of God also and I'll not measure her sins against my own.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 02:30:50 PM »

Why grin? She's a child of God also and I'll not measure her sins against my own.

How can you deduce that I was measuring Madonna's sins against anyone else's?  The grin was used to convey irony that ARod, who converted to Orthodoxy from Catholicism, is involved with a woman who has protested the Catholic faith she grew up with in Detroit.  I'm hoping for a positive outcome (Like a Conversion, Blessed for the very first time), hence, the grin (and a new Christian #1 hit).   Grin
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 10:54:02 PM »

But Alex did convert to Orthodoxy...hmmm I thought Damon was the jinx... Wink

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »

Jakub, ARod remains the jinx since the Yankees haven't done anything since ARod came aboard.   Wink

Shifting gears, Madonna, who practices Kabbalah (Sheesh, I forgot that for some reason), apparently lured ARod with Kabbalah beliefs according to Mrs. Rodriguez.  From US Magazine.

UPI Article
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 11:17:49 PM »

Being a BoSox fan I hope he's there for many years... Wink

What part of Orthodoxy did he convert to ?

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 11:23:05 PM »

Being a BoSox fan I hope he's there for many years... Wink

Go Rays!   Grin

What part of Orthodoxy did he convert to ?

Greek Orthodox (GOA) like his wife.
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 11:35:34 PM »

Lord have mercy. It's all very sad.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 11:54:26 PM »

Shifting gears, Madonna, who practices Kabbalah (Sheesh, I forgot that for some reason), apparently lured ARod with Kabbalah beliefs according to Mrs. Rodriguez. 
I have read this too. In todays NY Post. Apparently Madonna and her husband we trying to convert Alex to this.
The devil is surely after his family and needs our prayers.

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
buzuxi
Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 06:13:30 AM »

There both fools and deserve each other. I rememer when Mrs Rodriguez went to yankee stadium with their kid and she wore a t-shirt that read "F--K YOU". Other fans with kids complained but security couldnt remove her.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 10:58:21 AM »

There both fools and deserve each other. I rememer when Mrs Rodriguez went to yankee stadium with their kid and she wore a t-shirt that read "F--K YOU". Other fans with kids complained but security couldnt remove her.

The obscene T-Shirt incident infuriated me as well except that she had as much right to wear that T-Shirt as anyone in Yankee Stadium who's not married to ARod.   Sad  Plus, she apparently wore the T-Shirt after the tabloids took a picture of ARod with an exotic dancer.

I don't believe Madonna has dealt with a scorned Greek American like Cynthia.   Grin
buzuxi
Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 09:45:49 PM »

There is nothing scorned, thats my whole point. She is no angel neither. A-Rod is a highly successful athelete and women will always throw themselves at him, "Cynthia" was one of them, it just happened that he decided to marry her. Now she is a Kravitz groupie instead.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 10:40:42 PM »

Hey.  I don't have this confirmed but I have heard that A-Rod's soon-to-be ex-wife, Cynthia, was born and raised Greek Orthodox.  Anyone know if this is true?  Just curious.

This was merged from its own thread into this one, because the topics were so similar.--YtterbiumAnalyst
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:41:20 AM by ytterbiumanalyst » Logged

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 11:03:52 PM »

Hey.  I don't have this confirmed but I have heard that A-Rod's soon-to-be ex-wife, Cynthia, was born and raised Greek Orthodox.  Anyone know if this is true?  Just curious.

Yes, CRod is cradle Greek Orthodox who was born Cynthia Scurtis.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »

Cynthia filed for divorce this morning in Miami, ARod is using the same attorney representing Shaquille O'Neal in his divorce proceedings.

Corrected attorney representing ARod because I claimed he represented CRod.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:13:55 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 07:43:56 PM »

Lord, have mercy on this couple who are suffering pain and sorrow at this moment.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: