OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 11:49:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Orthodox Churches in Pittsburgh area?  (Read 6261 times) Average Rating: 0
StGeorge
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

St. George

« on: June 08, 2008, 09:26:32 PM »

I'm going to be in the Pittsburgh area for about six weeks this summer (at least).  What are some good Orthodox churches you know of where I'll feel welcome as an Orthodox newbie?
Thomas
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:59:22 AM »

Here are some of the Orthodox Churches that I am aware of in Pittsburgh Pa area:
1) Holy Assumption Orthodox Chrch
105 S 19th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 
(412) 431-6421

2) Nativity Of The Blessed Virgin Mary
4027 Beechwood Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412) 421-5231

3)  Saint George Antionchian Orthodox Church
3400 Dawson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412) 681-2996

4)  St George Antiochian Orthodox
3400 Dawson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412) 681-2988   (412) 681-3254 (fax)

5) St Nicholas Greek Orthodox cathedral
419 S. Dithridge Street Pittsburgh PA 15213
Church Phone  412-682-3866
Church Fax 412-683-4960
Email stnickschurch@aol.org

6) Holy Cross Greeek Orthodox Church
123 Gilkeson Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15228
Phone: (412) 833-3355
Fax: (412) 833-3357

7)St Mary's Russian Orthodox Church
105 S 19th St
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: (412) 431-6428

8)St Vladimir's Ukrainian Orthodox Church
1810 Sidney St
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
(412) 431-0687‎

10) St Sava Serbian Orthodox Church
185 Knox Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15210
(412) 488-1144‎

As I have not visited any of these in recent years, I hope someone else can advise you as to their  current openess to a new convert. I felt quite welcome by both the Antiochian Church and the Greek Orthodox Church in the past.

Thomas

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:01:02 AM by Thomas » Logged

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:06:20 AM »

We've got at least 30 parishes...where are you going to live/stay?
Offhand I'd recommend St. Nicholas in Mckees Rocks

http://www.stnicholas-oca.org/

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 09:57:50 AM »

I'm going to be in the Pittsburgh area for about six weeks this summer (at least).  What are some good Orthodox churches you know of where I'll feel welcome as an Orthodox newbie? 

Pittsburgh has one of the highest per-capita concentrations of Orthodox parishes in the US.  Within 2 hours of the city there are more than 40 Orthodox parishes of all jurisdictions.  Some of the best to attend:

St. George Cathedral (AOA) in Pittsburgh
Holy Cross Church (GOA) in the South Hills
Holy Trinity Church (GOA) on the North Side
St. Nicholas (OCA) in Mckees Rocks
All Saints (GOA) in Canonsburg (20 minutes south of the city)

If you need more recommendations, don't hesitate to ask.  We've got a number of members living in Western PA (Αριστοκλής, username!, Asteriktos, etc.), and they'll all be able to help.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 01:52:53 PM »

St. Nicholas ACROD in Homestead is a large parish.  I mean there are so many!   With some right beside each other.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:57:38 PM by username! » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 04:11:31 PM »

We've got at least 30 parishes...where are you going to live/stay?
Offhand I'd recommend St. Nicholas in Mckees Rocks

http://www.stnicholas-oca.org/

When i clicked on your link my free avg anti vius popped up and said i got infected with a tracker virus?HuhSmileyCentral.com" border="0
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:17:35 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 04:13:38 PM »

When i clicked on your link my free avg anti vius poped up and said i got infected with a tracker virus?HuhSmileyCentral.com" border="0

Not my link. No problems or complaints from my Avast.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »

When i clicked on your link my free avg anti vius popped up and said i got infected with a tracker virus?Huh<

You may have spyware if your sites are being redirected to ones with virii.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »

You may have spyware if your sites are being redirected to ones with virii.

It takes me to the church home page..But each time i klick the link the tracker virus gets installed???what to do what to do....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:27:11 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Lemko Rusyn

Faith: Православно-католицька віра нашых вітців
Jurisdiction: Русиньска ґрекокатолицька церьков свого права

Пресвятая Богородице Повчанская, спаси нас!

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 04:38:05 PM »

Here are some of the Orthodox Churches that I am aware of in Pittsburgh Pa area:
1) Holy Assumption Orthodox Chrch
105 S 19th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 
(412) 431-6421
7)St Mary's Russian Orthodox Church
105 S 19th St
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: (412) 431-6428

These are the same parish. I've heard good things about this parish and pastor. Their website:
http://stmaryorthodoxchurch.net/

2) Nativity Of The Blessed Virgin Mary
4027 Beechwood Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412) 421-5231

That's a Byzantine Ruthenian Catholic parish, not Orthodox. There are of course in Pittsburgh city, the Metropolitan see of that Church in the USA, a total of five such parishes and around a dozen more in the immediate environs. There are also two Ukrainian Catholic parishes, but of course you didn't ask about that and that's OK.  angel
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 08:11:42 PM »

I remember being in Pittsburgh about two years ago (it was actually Southside), and I was with friends in front of a church that was titled "Ukrainian Catholic."  I think it was actually an Orthodox church though. 
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »

That's a Byzantine Ruthenian Catholic parish, not Orthodox. There are of course in Pittsburgh city, the Metropolitan see of that Church in the USA, a total of five such parishes and around a dozen more in the immediate environs. There are also two Ukrainian Catholic parishes, but of course you didn't ask about that and that's OK.  angel

To be fair, I was going to post about stopping by and having a look see inside some of the Greek Catholic parishes in the Pittsburgh area myself.  Remember not everyone lives in the Motherland of Eastern Christianity, the Alleghenies.  Here when you have an Orthodox parish you usually have the Greek Catholic parish down the road.
Outside of NY, NJ, PA, OH, MD, CT this is not as common.   
Greek and Byzantine Catholic parishes are not Eastern Orthodox parishes, and the original post asked for Orthodox parishes.  Being oc.net the assumption is that Orthodox refers to Eastern Orthodox.

StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 08:13:44 PM »

I remember being in Pittsburgh about two years ago (it was actually Southside), and I was with friends in front of a church that was titled "Ukrainian Catholic."  I think it was actually an Orthodox church though. 

Not that I'm a stickler, but the iconography to St. Mary's looks VERY Western, more Western than anything in a Ruthenian church I've been to. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 08:15:18 PM by StGeorge » Logged
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »

Hmm, Southside, probably the Ukrainian Greek Catholic parish right on Carson.  St. John the Baptist.  The Ukrainian Orthodox parish is up the road and if my memory is correct it was a protestant building before the Orthodox bought it.  So you are probably thinking of the Ukrainian Catholic St. John the Baptist, it has what, 7 domes on it, it's not hard to miss! 
Also, remember the OCA's former name, Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church of North America, and then the official ACROD name, American Carpatho-Russian Greek Catholic Orthodox Diocese.  The notion of being Greek Catholic was as much at one time an ethnic identity as much as it was a religious notation.  Remember many people who were "Greek Catholics" came from the old country where they were under Hungarian Rule etc.. So the way they maintained their identity was through the centre of their community, the village parish.  This was their social and religious centre.  Think of it like this, when a Frenchman comes here, he is from France.
When the Carpatho-mountain people came here they were coming from places where they weren't ethnically the same as the people that held their homeland captive.  It was like, "we're not Austrian Hungarians" we're Greek Catholics, or "our people," later on, Carpatho-Russians, or Ukrainians, or the term these days is Byzantine Catholics.   Ok, I've bored you enough. 

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 08:27:02 PM »

Greek Catholic parishes look like Eastern Orthodox parishes, so you are probably thinking of this Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, St. John the Baptist, a church under Rome.   They aren't Eastern Orthodox parishes, but they use the Liturgy of Sts. John Chrysostom and Basil with a few differences. It's a long story as to the history of the Ukrainian Catholics and the Ruthenian Catholics but that's for another thread, it encompasses oh many many centuries of history that is detailed.  Read Father Larry Barriger's books (he is an ACROD priest) "Good Victory" and "Glory to Jesus Christ" and it'll give you a good background on the history of the topic.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 08:31:21 PM by username! » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

theologian by day, bard by night

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 08:31:07 PM »

Fwiw, my wife was chrismated at Holy Assumption of St. Mary on the Southside, and she rather liked Fr. Patrick. There's also Dormition of the Blessed Virgin Mary if you're in McKeesport, and St. Nicholas in Duquesne. It somewhat depends on where you're gonna be in/around the city I guess.
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »

Greek Catholic parishes look like Eastern Orthodox parishes, so you are probably thinking of this Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, St. John the Baptist, a church under Rome.   They aren't Eastern Orthodox parishes, but they use the Liturgy of Sts. John Chrysostom and Basil with a few differences. It's a long story as to the history of the Ukrainian Catholics and the Ruthenian Catholics but that's for another thread, it encompasses oh many many centuries of history that is detailed.  Read Father Larry Barriger's books (he is an ACROD priest) "Good Victory" and "Glory to Jesus Christ" and it'll give you a good background on the history of the topic.

I honestly don't think I visited John the Baptist (Ukrainian Catholic).  I've twice been in a St. John the Baptist parish (Ruthenian Catholic) in Southside, which is a small parish.  We had trouble finding it on that day, and we first accidentally first ended up at a "Ukrainian Catholic" church along the northern edge of Southside (the church was bordered by an enclosed game field/parking lot, if I remember correctly.)  The church didn't look as magnificent as the church you provide in the picture. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:35:12 PM by StGeorge » Logged
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »

Actually, you may be right.  I did a mapquest search, and there appear to be two Eastern Catholic churches both called "St. John the Baptist" within just blocks of each other.

One Ruthenian, one Ukrainian Catholic it would seem. 

It would explain why we were so confused.  I wasn't navigator that day, but now it makes sense: my friend (the navigator) was confused by the identical name.  laugh

Yeah, I went to a Ruthenian Catholic parish for about two years. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:42:10 PM by StGeorge » Logged
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 10:24:35 PM »

Actually, you may be right.  I did a mapquest search, and there appear to be two Eastern Catholic churches both called "St. John the Baptist" within just blocks of each other.

One Ruthenian, one Ukrainian Catholic it would seem. 

It would explain why we were so confused.  I wasn't navigator that day, but now it makes sense: my friend (the navigator) was confused by the identical name.  laugh

Yeah, I went to a Ruthenian Catholic parish for about two years. 

There is a football stadium right beside the church in the picture and it is enclosed --George K. Cuplles Stadium. A few posts ago you mentioned an enclosed field and a gate by the church Smiley
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:32:32 PM by username! » Logged

SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 12:45:06 AM »

It takes me to the church home page..But each time i klick the link the tracker virus gets installed???what to do what to do....

I also use Avast as free Anti-Virus and never experienced above problems.

Use Spybot-Search & Destroy to clean up any Spyware.  May take a few hours.  Click for Download Site

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »

Thank you..i have spybot ,,adaware,and yahoo has a anti spy ware scan which i use which is good,, my sbc yahoo gives a  norton anti virus ,,, but i dont like it the norton anti virus it wants to periodically  do a full system scan ,that takes forever,,,i would use it if it can be set to do a  quick scan but it can't be set so i delited the norton....i allso have windows defender that scans my computer....SmileyCentral.com" border="0have to mention with norton you get a fire wall too,, which i don't like ...the best fire wall is zone alarm...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:25:20 AM by stashko » Logged

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 09:23:10 AM »

That's quite common here with the Ukrainian Orthodox parishes (and ACROD, of course). One block away from St. Nicholas (OCA) in McKees Rocks, which I recommended above, is St Mary's Ukrainian Orthodox Church (another one). My wife and I visit there on occasion and the cornerstone there says "Ukrainian Greek Catholic". I'm not sure the history of these Orthodox parishes.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:23:52 AM by Αριστοκλής » Logged

StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 09:30:01 AM »

That's quite common here with the Ukrainian Orthodox parishes (and ACROD, of course). One block away from St. Nicholas (OCA) in McKees Rocks, which I recommended above, is St Mary's Ukrainian Orthodox Church (another one). My wife and I visit there on occasion and the cornerstone there says "Ukrainian Greek Catholic". I'm not sure the history of these Orthodox parishes.

The whole "name" confusion reminds me of a time when I saw inscribed on the cornerstone to a church "Anglican Methodist."  The church is now Methodist, but it must have at one time been affiliated with the Anglican Church, or at least continued the name. 
Thomas
Archon

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »

The original name for the Methodist church was the Methodist Episcopal Church, ocassionally I remember seeing as a child in the 1950's that name in old Methodist churches in the South (Southern Methodist Episcopal Church) prior to them reuniting with the northern Methodists to form the United Methodist Church.

Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 10:06:36 AM »

The original name for the Methodist church was the Methodist Episcopal Church, ocassionally I remember seeing as a child in the 1950's that name in old Methodist churches in the South (Southern Methodist Episcopal Church) prior to them reuniting with the northern Methodists to form the United Methodist Church.

Thomas

You're right; it may have been "Episcopal" instead of Anglican.  It was one of the two, and I remember thinking how odd it was. 
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »

We have about 140 something parishes in the region (from what I saw last year in the yellow pages phone book). I go to Saint George Cathedral in Oakland, but there are alot to choose from.

JNORM888
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:54:43 PM by jnorm888 » Logged

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

I would also throw out a recommendation for St. George Cathedral in Oakland, PA. They just recently finished an iconography program that is fantastic and it has a very nice mix of people. During the school year they get a lot of the students from the Universities and have an excellent group of byzantine chanters. Everything is in English and Fr. John is a wonderful priest.

Joseph
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »

I would also throw out a recommendation for St. George Cathedral in Oakland, PA. They just recently finished an iconography program that is fantastic and it has a very nice mix of people. During the school year they get a lot of the students from the Universities and have an excellent group of byzantine chanters. Everything is in English and Fr. John is a wonderful priest.   

Ditto.  Great community, great priest.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »

St. Nicholas ACROD in Homestead has a lot of folks that are the 20-30 year old crowd.  And they've been adding icons all over the church as well.  Fr. Robert is very nice too.  I think in 2006 someone from the parish said they had around 50 people join the church, I don't know what it was last year but that parish keeps growing.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:08:57 PM by username! » Logged

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 03:54:26 PM »

stashko,
I just verified that the St Nicholas(OCA) site linked above is infected with a webtracker Trojan (which is targeting XP/Vista PC's, not other OS'es as far as I can tell). So, you are not wrong nor odd.
I am in contact with Fr Tom Soroka on cleaning the intrusion up. Thanks for the heads up.

BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »

If you will be in the south/west part of Pittsburgh, my parish, Holy Virgin Russian Orthodox Church on Manfield Blvd, in Carnegie, PA is welcoming.
Beside it is St. Peter and Paul Ukranian Orthodox Church which has awesome wall icons painted by a home grown parishoner in recent years.

From the highway coming from the airport, approaching the Carnegie exit St P&P has the gold domes. Holy Virgin normally has blue domes (but is in the process of having them re-painted and they are currently white primer.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 09:24:27 PM »

stashko,
I just verified that the St Nicholas(OCA) site linked above is infected with a webtracker Trojan (which is targeting XP/Vista PC's, not other OS'es as far as I can tell). So, you are not wrong nor odd.
I am in contact with Fr Tom Soroka on cleaning the intrusion up. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank You!....They Must of cleaned it up now ,the link is fine......no more tracker virus.......SmileyCentral.com" border="0It's so great not being consided odd,,,,,Ha Ha Ha Ha.....
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:35:41 AM by stashko » Logged

StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 12:16:41 AM »

If you will be in the south/west part of Pittsburgh, my parish, Holy Virgin Russian Orthodox Church on Manfield Blvd, in Carnegie, PA is welcoming.
Beside it is St. Peter and Paul Ukranian Orthodox Church which has awesome wall icons painted by a home grown parishoner in recent years.

From the highway coming from the airport, approaching the Carnegie exit St P&P has the gold domes. Holy Virgin normally has blue domes (but is in the process of having them re-painted and they are currently white primer.

Yes, I know of the two churches of which you speak.  I've seen them from 22/30 several times but never actually visited either. 
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2008, 02:56:40 PM »

I drove past Carnegie the other day.  You're right!  The domes are all white.   I went to St. George's Antiochian again today.  It's a good parish, and the choir does a great job.  But I think I'm more used to a more slavic-style Divine Liturgy.  So, I'll probably go to an ACROD, OCA or ROCOR parish next week. 

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that at OCA and ACROD Divine Liturgies, the priest blesses the people more frequently during the liturgy. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 03:02:00 PM by StGeorge » Logged
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 03:45:43 PM »

IIRC, you'll be doing some driving for a ROCOR parish.

Blessing more frequently than...what?

{Correction: there is a ROCOR parish on the northside, near me and I didn't know it- gotta love the Burgh!}
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 04:04:09 PM by Αριστοκλής » Logged

StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »

IIRC, you'll be doing some driving for a ROCOR parish.

Blessing more frequently than...what?

{Correction: there is a ROCOR parish on the northside, near me and I didn't know it- gotta love the Burgh!}

Than the Antiochian Divine Liturgy.  I mean blessings with the cross during the Divine Liturgy.  At least that's what it seemed to me.  I didn't count.   
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 07:39:39 AM »

Than the Antiochian Divine Liturgy.  I mean blessings with the cross during the Divine Liturgy.  At least that's what it seemed to me.  I didn't count.   

"With the cross"...I suspect the cross is more of a Slavic usage. Blessings are probably about the same. I don't remember ever seeing a Greek priest bless with a cross back when I was an altar server. I assume the Antiochians, being a Byzantine church as well., would be similar.

Thomas
Archon

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »

Antiochians do bless with the Cross but not as frequently as does ROCOR.  The Antiochians bless more with the hand signing of the cross.

Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 01:21:31 PM »

The Antiochians bless more with the hand signing of the cross.

Thomas
As do the Greeks.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: