OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 08:35:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After countless disappointing BlizzCons...  (Read 2744 times) Average Rating: 0
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« on: June 28, 2008, 07:48:58 PM »

Diablo III has finally been announced/confirmed at WWI!

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 07:55:53 PM by Friul » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 10:57:20 PM »

I know Friul I just saw the trailer. It was sick.

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 11:12:33 PM »

I know Friul I just saw the trailer. It was sick.

Now we just have to wait for the release.   Tongue  I wonder what the other classes will be.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »

Yea! I wasted many an hour day week month on Diablo II. That, and StarCraft. Glad to see both of them reborn.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:09:27 PM »

Yea, but its gonna take Blizzard forever to bring the software out for personal consumption.

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 12:47:44 PM »

StarCraft should be here by the end of the year. That'll be enough until Diablo gets here.

In the meantime, I've been playing Sins of a Solar Empire. It's available as a download from www.stardock.com, and it has no copy protection of any kind! Maybe I can finally get rid of this orange jumpsuit....

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:54:01 PM »

Several people in my WoW guild are looking forward to the next "Diablo".  I've never played myself. But I've enjoyed Blizzard's WoW very much and there's much anticipation for the new expansion on that.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

Several people in my WoW guild are looking forward to the next "Diablo".  I've never played myself. But I've enjoyed Blizzard's WoW very much and there's much anticipation for the new expansion on that.

Ebor

You could probably find them in a bargain bin at a video game store for pretty cheap.   Tongue  There is also a set that includes both Diablo I and II, plus their expansion packs, which I have seen retail for as low as 12-15$.

Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »

Yea, but its gonna take Blizzard forever to bring the software out for personal consumption.

In typical Blizzard fashion.   Tongue

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »

StarCraft should be here by the end of the year. That'll be enough until Diablo gets here.

In the meantime, I've been playing Sins of a Solar Empire. It's available as a download from www.stardock.com, and it has no copy protection of any kind! Maybe I can finally get rid of this orange jumpsuit....

I'm not good at it, and its still the best game I've ever played...

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 05:15:43 AM »

Ebor

!!! SPOILERS !!!

This pretty much sums Diablo up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN0bMhCj1Mg&feature=related

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »

!!! SPOILERS !!!

This pretty much sums Diablo up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN0bMhCj1Mg&feature=related

Video is faked.

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 12:02:39 AM »

After a great deal of waiting, we finally know all of the classes.  Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, Monk, and Demon Hunter.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 09:40:12 AM »

But still no release date.

I'm going to need this.
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 11:27:16 AM »

Demon Hunter looks like a rehash of the assassin.  No equivalent of a paladin it seems, but new classes are possible should an expansion come out later.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 11:58:05 AM »

Demon Hunter looks like a rehash of the assassin.  No equivalent of a paladin it seems, but new classes are possible should an expansion come out later.

I thought the same thing, except the assassin is melee, the Demon Hunter appears to be all ranged.

I'm going to need this.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »

But still no release date.
Latest rumours place it at Nov. 2011.  Which would make sense based on their development schedule, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I thought the same thing, except the assassin is melee, the Demon Hunter appears to be all ranged.

It looks like a mixture of the rogue from D1 and the assassin from D2.  Also, it was announced that the closest thing to a Paladin would be the Monk class.

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »

But "WoW Cataclysm" is due out in December, so for those who play that there's something to look forward to.  Smiley

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: