OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 01:04:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Euro 2008  (Read 8824 times) Average Rating: 0
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2008, 12:01:04 AM »

I think my luck is beginning to turn...

Believe it or not, I was actually rooting for the T***s over the Nazi's, I mean C*****a.  Everyone MUST know I was big time for the Ruski's over the Dutch and they won (or was I just dreaming).

Tomorrow I have SPAIN, SPAIN, SPAIN to be Fruil's Italians!!!  (Not a huge Spain fan - but the remain staunchly opposed to Kosovo independence - so that is enough reason for me).

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2008, 12:59:49 AM »

Well, my favorites from the beginning were Greece, Poland and Germany. As of now, Germany still remains.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »

I think my luck is beginning to turn...

I sure hope not.  If you past bad luck continues, Italy will be into the finals since you will be cheering for Spain and then Russia.   laugh

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »

I think my luck is beginning to turn....
Apparently so. It was a fantastic game, with some tremendous saves on both sides. There's a reason both teams chose the goalkeeper as captain. Fantastic playing; it's the way I love to see a team exit the tournament. One team's got to go, but it's so much more satisfying to see them play as well as Italy did this past weekend.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2008, 09:16:44 PM »

It will be interesting to see how Russia bounces back from their initial loss to Spain.  I get this feeling they'll be extra motivated by the margin of defeat the last time (4-1, giving up a hat trick).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2008, 10:27:56 PM »

Germany vs Turkey: Germany won! Grin

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2008, 10:30:13 PM »

Germany vs T****y: Germany won! Grin

It was such a frustrating game to watch.   Tongue  The uplink kept dying at crucial points. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 02:09:24 PM by Friul » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2008, 11:21:22 PM »

It was such a frustrating game to watch.   Tongue  The uplink kept dying at crucial points. 

Yet at the same time, the T*rks know how to make the dying minutes exciting.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:27:21 PM by Torrey » Logged

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »

Yeah, but I was glad to see the winning goal seconds before the feed died for the last time. It would have been awful to have been unable to see the demise of the T*rks.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: