OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 07:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help and ideas please  (Read 1100 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: June 22, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »

This year our parish is doing a small "vacation church school." We are adapting a 4 day lesson plan the the feasts of the Theotokos. I am teaching the 3 year old class. We have art projects and we are teaching them the troparion. But I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas of other activities I can use to teach the 3-4 year old class? I will only have about 3 kids (one of them my own). Next year the plan is to have a larger church school. But this year we want a smaller one.

I feel woefully unqualified to teach anyone anything about Orthodoxy in general. But they needed a teacher for the three year olds in order to do the school.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »

Quinault,

How about adding some videos and games? Perhaps you could print out some icons or other pictures of biblical events. There are some protestant sites with simple line-drawings that are suitable for colouring in. It's fairly easy to make puzzles of them that the children can colour in and take home. You could perhaps create quizzes of the subjects you teach, with a small prize for each of the children?

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Tags: children's activities vacation bible school 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: