OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 10:46:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Young Rusyns of North America, Unite!  (Read 1154 times) Average Rating: 0
Lemko Rusyn

Faith: Православно-католицька віра нашых вітців
Jurisdiction: Русиньска ґрекокатолицька церьков свого права

Пресвятая Богородице Повчанская, спаси нас!

« on: July 25, 2003, 06:10:53 PM »

A recently-formed group creating a Rusyn youth organization for North America needs your help!

Young Rusyns in Slovakia have their Association of Rusyn Youth of Slovakia, those in Serbia have Pakt Rutenorum, in Poland, Jar'/Spring and in Ukraine, Youth of Subcarpathia...and now it's time for North America to join them.

Right now we are trying to identify as many young Rusyns throughout the United States and Canada as possible to get a feel for the audience our organization will address.

The only requirement for membership is that you be under the age of 30, and interested the Rusyn people.

Aside from a national organization, which would publish a magazine and create a website, as well as link us with the World Forum of Rusyn Youth in Europe, we are also planning local chapters around North America. These local chapters will run regular programs, such as Rusyn happy hours, film/video screenings, and more!

Young members of the Carpatho-Rusyn Society, the Rusyn Association of North America, the Rusin Association of Minnesota, and other Rusyn organizations in North America are particularly encouraged to reply.

If all this sounds interesting, please send an email to RusynYouthNA@aol.com as soon as you can - and be sure to include your name, age and postal address. We’ll send off an information packet ASAP!
--
The Rusyn Youth Planning Committee
RusynYouthNA@aol.com

[Disclaimer: Lemko Rusyn is not involved - just posting this to help them out.]
TonyS
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 06:21:41 PM »

Lemko,

I understand that everything has to have rules.  But, there are some of us who have been to "Ruthenia" have a bit of knowledge about it and care yet we have passed the 30 year mark.  

Pity!

Tony

Or should I say "+ákoda!"?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 06:25:17 PM by TonyS » Logged

Tómame como al tequila, de un golpe y sin pensarlo. - Ricardo Arjona

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender
and if everbody's a sinner then everybody can be a winner
I'll see you when yo
Lemko Rusyn

Faith: Православно-католицька віра нашых вітців
Jurisdiction: Русиньска ґрекокатолицька церьков свого права

Пресвятая Богородице Повчанская, спаси нас!

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 06:26:09 PM »

Hi Tony,
Not my rules.  As I wrote, I'm not even involved officially (age limit and what-not).  The rule was established in Europe and to join that "club", the North Americans have to go by the same rules.

There are plenty of other opportunities for 30+ people to get involved, of course.  The Carpatho-Rusyn Society has chapters in NJ/NY, PA, OH, DC/MD/VA, and AZ, for example.
TonyS
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 06:28:11 PM »

Lemko,

I know.  I used to belong to the CRS.  Thanks for the response.

Tony

Tómame como al tequila, de un golpe y sin pensarlo. - Ricardo Arjona

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender
and if everbody's a sinner then everybody can be a winner
I'll see you when yo
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 05:59:11 PM »

Sounds like a pretty cool organization.

I am a member of an ACROD parish and admire the Carpatho-Russian (or "Rusyn") culture.

Unfortunately, I passed 30 quite awhile back and cannot claim Rusyn ancestry.

Sounds great, though, and I wish you all the best.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: