OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 06:32:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New OC.net YahooGroup for Announcements and an Emergency Meetingplace  (Read 778 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: July 24, 2003, 04:15:44 PM »

Friends,

If you are interested, please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Orthodox-Christian/.

We established this yahoo group for several purposes:

1) Some people do not like receiving site update emails from the forums to which  they belong while others like getting updated, so we decided to create this group so that email notification can be sent out when the site is updated.

2) We also will have special notices for important things like our Summer Fest Gettogether.

3) This will serve as a place for us to meet up if the site ever goes down for awhile due to any circumstances beyond our control.

4) All annoucement information will be crossposted at
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net in the board news category of the forum as usual.

5) This will also allow people who use yahoo groups to find out about our site.

6) Please do not actually use the yahoogroup for discussion as we want to keep everything in one place here!

7) Once or twice a year for the REALLY important things we will continue to use the "email all members" function we have used before, but as we just said, we do not want to abuse that so we are giving people a choice.

Thanks for your support!

Sincerely in Christ,

Anastasios, Phil, David, and John
--the OC.net Management Team
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 04:16:12 PM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 06:30:22 PM »

Ya - hoo!

Great idea!

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: