OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 07:11:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What warrants believers creating there own Jurisdiction?  (Read 6440 times) Average Rating: 0
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2008, 10:51:43 PM »

I just love those extremelylongGermanwords, dont you? Achtung! Seien Sie beim Anblick Übertreter, das Schwein! Seien Sie wachsam, um sie herauszufinden, sie finden, und sie zerstören! Für den Nutzen des Forums!

Friend, why have you called me a pig unless the translation below is wrong?  Here's the Babelfish translation below.
Note! They are at the sight trespasser, the pig! You are watchful, in order to find it out, it find, and them destroy! For the use of the forum
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2008, 11:11:39 PM »

The word "thang" as used by A Sombra has a number of definitions at UrbanDictionary.com.  I merely commented on the use of the word "thang" as inner city vernacular - nothing more.

You commented on St Moses the Black, who is commonly referred to when evangelizing "the black community". (In case you forget what you said, it was "Ah, the vernacular of the inner city.  Have you (or Suaiden) heard of St. Moses the Ethiopian (aka St. Moses the Black or St. Moses the Egyptian)?" I think that such has proven to be only marginally successful in practice. St Moses is one of many black saints, but I have my own theories as to why some Orthodox like to promote his veneration as opposed to the many dozens of others. You might want to consider promoting St Augustine, who is better known, just as black, and a teacher, but not as liked because he is, even in Orthodoxy, a "troublemaker" throughout his life.

That said, the entire "inner city" is not ethnically black (My neighborhood is mostly Puerto Rican), and there are many trying to save our souls, not out killing and robbing "decent" people. I am not black, nor heterodox, nor on "the gangsta tip" so I don't see the relevance, and the fact that you have to strain so hard to connect St Moses the Black with "inner city vernacular" says volumes.

Enough said, I am dropping it.  This conversation is starting to piss me off.

Still a Deacon of the Autonomous Metropolia, Nope, Still Don't Like Ecumenism, Yep, Still Western "Rite"
prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2008, 11:15:27 PM »

Enough said, I am dropping it.  This conversation is starting to piss me off.

So i don't know maybe ...... stop having it?

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »

So i don't know maybe ...... stop having it?

So maybe... don't say things that sound just a wee bit, erm, racist when you don't know anything about who you're posting to?

Still a Deacon of the Autonomous Metropolia, Nope, Still Don't Like Ecumenism, Yep, Still Western "Rite"
prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2008, 11:22:23 PM »

So maybe... don't say things that sound just a wee bit, erm, racist when you don't know anything about who you're posting to?

I know who I am posting to. I am posting to Joseph Mahomond a reader in the Milan synod.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:22:35 PM by prodromas » Logged

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 11:25:49 PM »

I know who I am posting to. I am posting to Joseph Mahomond a reader in the Milan synod.

My actual family name is Suaiden, "Mahomond" being a legal error because it was my grandfather's patronymic.

But I don't know your family name.  I know little about you. I know you have king Leonidas for your userpic but you can't commit enough sins because your limbs are too weak, according to what your signature says: "the evil I don't commit is due to the weakness of my limbs", et cetera.  Sin doesn't require strong limbs. Consider putting the hunchback traitor as your userpic instead.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:28:42 PM by Suaiden » Logged

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 11:27:42 PM »

For EVERY mention? Sorry, I didn't realize you policed the illegal use of mere names and pronouns on the forum. Let's see now-I guess that would be something like OberbloßeNamenPronominaSturmFuhrer. I just love those extremelylongGermanwords, dont you? Achtung! Seien Sie beim Anblick Übertreter, das Schwein! Seien Sie wachsam, um sie herauszufinden, sie finden, und sie zerstören! Für den Nutzen des Forums!

Please provide a translation of these terms into English.  Veniamin, FFA Moderator

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 11:32:44 PM »

Your associate A Sombra started down this road by using the word, "thang" and insulting me in German Huh

Wow, the anger in the post below is seething.  To return to the thread, new Jurisdictions are created because of Anger which is one of the 7 deadly sins last time I checked.  Someone gets angry at the EP for switching calendars, create another jurisdiction not caring that in God's Kingdom there's no such thing as time or space.  Someone gets angry because he won't be consecrated by one Hierarch, find another Jurisdiction which will consecrate that Hierarch.

Friend, Cain was angry with his brother Abel and killed him.
Friend, Moses was angry with the children of Israel for building and worshipping the Golden Calf and shattered the 10 Commandments written by God.
Friend, Jesus Christ wasn't angry that he was mocked and crucified and He gave eternal life to all of us.

Why are you and A Sombra angry?

You commented on St Moses the Black, who is commonly referred to when evangelizing "the black community". (In case you forget what you said, it was "Ah, the vernacular of the inner city.  Have you (or Suaiden) heard of St. Moses the Ethiopian (aka St. Moses the Black or St. Moses the Egyptian)?" I think that such has proven to be only marginally successful in practice. St Moses is one of many black saints, but I have my own theories as to why some Orthodox like to promote his veneration as opposed to the many dozens of others. You might want to consider promoting St Augustine, who is better known, just as black, and a teacher, but not as liked because he is, even in Orthodoxy, a "troublemaker" throughout his life.

That said, the entire "inner city" is not ethnically black (My neighborhood is mostly Puerto Rican), and there are many trying to save our souls, not out killing and robbing "decent" people. I am not black, nor heterodox, nor on "the gangsta tip" so I don't see the relevance, and the fact that you have to strain so hard to connect St Moses the Black with "inner city vernacular" says volumes.

Enough said, I am dropping it.  This conversation is starting to upset me.
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »

Your associate A Sombra started down this road by using the word, "thang" and insulting me in German Huh

My associate? Don't know the man.  I realize that there can't be more than one person who disagree with you people in this world(a mod asked my wife if she was me) but our views are more common than you think. My issue is that your comment sounded sketchy, kind of race-baiting.  That's what annoyed me. I'm not angry. I just think what you are saying is ridiculous, dare I say-- ignorant.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:38:14 PM by Suaiden » Logged

Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2008, 09:32:58 PM »

But that's ok. It does prove that "vagantes" is not a title that you can apply to our Synod, at least not consistently. 

lol.  laugh  Say whatever you want, including nasty things about the OCA.  It doesn't change the fact that the Milan synod is vagante.

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Tags: schism traditionalist Milan Synod 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: