OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 10:28:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ISU or NIU?  (Read 1125 times) Average Rating: 0
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« on: June 10, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »

Hey Guys!

I'm in a real bind here. I've decided to either attend Illinois State University (Bloomington) or Northern Illinois University (Dekalb) for a second degree, but I don't know which would be better. Does anyone know the pros and cons of these two places, or the cities they reside in? I have a better feeling about NIU, but.... Undecided

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
wynd
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

Transfiguration

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »

As you know, I recently graduated from ISU. I've never been to NIU or Dekalb, but Bloomington-Normal is a nice area and I think ISU is a good school. Plus, you get to meet a fellow OC'er Cheesy
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »

Hey Wynd--

What did you like about ISU? What did you like about B-N? Were you more happy there than unhappy? Smiley

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »

I liked that it had a good amount of students (20,000 or so) but everything was within walking distance. I've visited friends at schools where you need to take a bus to get across campus if you don't want to be walking for an hour. Also, because it's a state school it was cheaper than other schools, but NIU is also a state school so that doesn't really matter for you. I like(d) B-N because it's a pretty busy place but you can still see cornfields if you drive 5-10 miles in any direction. And there is a cool Orthodox parish I stayed because this is where I found a job.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 02:25:16 PM »

Hey Wynd--

On you OC parish's website, are you in any of the pics? Smiley

wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »

Yes. But I'm not telling you which one  Tongue
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 04:14:07 PM »

Yes. But I'm not telling you which one 

LOL! Ok. Grin

What kinds of things did you do at ISU? Did you make a lot of friends? What did you major in? Besides the job, did you just have a good guy feeling about the place?

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: