Author Topic: Is this credible?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
Is this credible?
« on: June 07, 2008, 01:35:18 AM »
I post the article below only because I seriously believe that any MP would tolerate something which smacks of transcendental meditation.  I suspect that the site is bunk.  Anyone disagree?

Note that most of the footnotes refer back to the "Orthodoxy or Death" journal published in Moscow.  The Russian name is Pravoslavie ili smert

The gnostic fabrications of Berdyaev's "genius", however, pale in comparison with Hegumen Ioann's (Ekonomtsev) Shamanism. The "strange" Hegumen enjoys the unlimited trust and protection of Alexius II, and is the Head of the Department of Catechization of the MP and of the Orthodox University of St. John the Theologian [498]. Here is an example of the occult gibberish which this "Orthodox Catechist" suggests to his readers:

«All stars are pulsating. The all-world liturgy is in progress. It is celebrated by the Pantocrator. Guard your "lotus". Cleanse yourself daily by vegetarian food. Churches are the secondary sources of salvation. A cupola with a cross is an ideal conductor of energy and a means of cleansing oneself through energy. Churches provide the most effective means of pumping out the polluted energies and supplying the people and the environment with pure cosmic energies... The time has come. You must be in Shambala. This place is called Andrew's Desert. Marina will go with you. Her lotus-bearing chakra is irreversibly affected. Cosmos welcomes priest Boris' arrival in Andrew's Desert. A great deal has been revealed to you tonight. You have become convinced in the possibility of a direct contact with heavenly bodies. In three hours
time the correction of the planet Earth will take place. This is the beginning of Armageddon. Under these conditions especial responsibility rests with the Church of Christ and all those who glorify Christ under another name. Tell Patriarch Alexius of Moscow and All Russia that the time of the Pantocrator's arrival to the Earth is near.» [499]

Source

Offline Rosehip

• Archon
Re: Is this credible?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »
Wow. This sounds like a real apocalyptic/new age/eastern religions mishmash. But to me it all sounds vaguely familiar. I've heard lots of Russian people expressing similar ideas; just not all in one paragraph. Could you provide the actual  link, please? I'd like to read it for myself.
+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 10:21:33 AM »
Weird.  Credible?  Well, it may indeed be the writing of the person it's attributed to, so in that sense I don't know if it's credible.  Being true?  Doubt it highly.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:22:39 AM by cleveland »
How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »
Wow. This sounds like a real apocalyptic/new age/eastern religions mishmash. But to me it all sounds vaguely familiar. I've heard lots of Russian people expressing similar ideas; just not all in one paragraph. Could you provide the actual  link, please? I'd like to read it for myself.

Click on the word, Source, at the bottom of the article to navigate to the actual site with the excerpt.

Offline Rosehip

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »
Thanks! Here I was searching frantically all over your post for the link and  it was staring me right in the face the entire time! :-[ :-[ :-[
+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +