OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 04:12:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not posting due to crisis  (Read 3162 times) Average Rating: 0
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« on: June 02, 2008, 11:48:25 PM »

Split from http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,10429.msg232959.html#msg232959 since this discussion has nothing to do with the Western Rite and moved it into Free-For All

-Arimethea
Liturgy Section Moderator

The Synod only has one deceased Hierarch aka its founder, Metropolitan Gabriel of Portugal.  Perhaps Metropolitan Evlogios mentions his predecessor in the diptychs whose name is the only one mentioned as such.

I just found out that Esphigmenou is surrounded by police who are readying for an attack on 107 old monks, many who have spent the better part of the 20th century in a monastery.

To everyone who wishes to continue this discussion, I REALLY DON'T CARE RIGHT NOW.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:44:39 AM by arimethea » Logged

Still a Deacon of the Autonomous Metropolia, Nope, Still Don't Like Ecumenism, Yep, Still Western "Rite"
prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 11:50:29 PM »

I just found out that Esphigmenou is surrounded by police who are readying for an attack on 107 old monks, many who have spent the better part of the 20th century in a monastery.

To everyone who wishes to continue this discussion, I REALLY DON'T CARE RIGHT NOW.

Why are you even replying then?

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 11:58:57 PM »

Why are you even replying then?

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, AS I DIDN'T.

Still a Deacon of the Autonomous Metropolia, Nope, Still Don't Like Ecumenism, Yep, Still Western "Rite"
prodromas
OC.net guru

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:02:34 AM »

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, AS I DIDN'T.

Brother why do you keep replying if you believe its so insignificant?

Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 12:05:09 AM »

Brother why do you keep replying if you believe its so insignificant?

It's NOT insignificant! There are 107 monks there, some of whom have not seen the outside world for a half-century, maybe more.  This is the most tragic thing in the world!  But I could care less about diptychs, et cetera.

This is a black day for Orthodoxy.

It is NOT insignificant.

prodromas
OC.net guru

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 12:07:49 AM »

It's NOT insignificant! There are 107 monks there, some of whom have not seen the outside world for a half-century, maybe more.  This is the most tragic thing in the world!  But I could care less about diptychs, et cetera.

It is NOT insignificant.

Obviously I am referring to the subject matter of this thread and not the distressing situation with the Monks.

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:12:29 AM »

It is NOT insignificant.

But not quite significant enough for you to actually follow through on your promise to stop annoying us. Roll Eyes

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 12:24:04 AM »

But not quite significant enough for you to actually follow through on your promise to stop annoying us. Roll Eyes

I don't tell people they "annoy" me. That's kind of personal.  Now why are you moving topics around and locking them?

arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 01:33:26 AM »

I don't tell people they "annoy" me. That's kind of personal.  Now why are you moving topics around and locking them?

The way this board works is to keep the discussion on topic and in their proper categories. This site is not a blog where you can just freely write whatever comes out of either of your orifices. As for why topics are being locked, look at the way the discussion are degrading and you should understand why they need to be locked. You just have a gift in bringing out the best people in I guess.

Ohh and I should point out that you are not the first person to be called annoying on here, at least I haven't created a poll asking everyone how annoying you are. I learned my lesson about hurting people's feelings with that one, but if you are curious feel free to create a poll to ask everyone their opinion, it may be enlightening to you.

Joseph
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 01:53:44 AM »

The way this board works is to keep the discussion on topic and in their proper categories. This site is not a blog where you can just freely write whatever comes out of either of your orifices. As for why topics are being locked, look at the way the discussion are degrading and you should understand why they need to be locked. You just have a gift in bringing out the best people in I guess.

Ohh and I should point out that you are not the first person to be called annoying on here, at least I haven't created a poll asking everyone how annoying you are. I learned my lesson about hurting people's feelings with that one, but if you are curious feel free to create a poll to ask everyone their opinion, it may be enlightening to you.

Wow, you actually thought this through and wrote this.  I've mainly responded to others' posts.  I'm pretty dumbfounded by your response. I really wrote many- if not most- of my Western rite responses with the thought that Orthodox Christians would know what I am talking about.  Never has such a bile-filled post as yours come out from someone who claims to be a moderator.

I pity you, because you can't think critically. I pity the people you think would condemn me in the poll.

Let's try this again, and see if I care what people in polls think of me.

1) The "St Tikhon" rite of the AWRV was primarily written by Anglican heretics.
2) Because it was written by such it isn't legitimate.
3) The fact that I am an Old Calendarist acknowledging it makes no real difference if I am telling the truth.

I am pretty amazed.  Some of the things you are saying ("This site is not a blog where you can just freely write whatever comes out of either of your orifices") are not professional, nor the way a moderator handles things.  Partisanship is one thing. This is altogether another.

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 04:30:13 AM »

Let's try this again, and see if I care what people in polls think of me.

1) The "St Tikhon" rite of the AWRV was primarily written by Anglican heretics.
2) Because it was written by such it isn't legitimate.
3) The fact that I am an Old Calendarist acknowledging it makes no real difference if I am telling the truth.

I've no dog in this fight over western rites, but the above is illogical , syllogistically speaking, in so many ways.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
A Sombra

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 06:14:43 AM »

To arimethea: You are a bad, bad boy! But I must admit-it is quite hilarious!

To The One Not Posting Due to Crisis: Uh, you gotta admit it is hilarious-I mean, if you read through it all it is funny.
And although I am not at all disposed to the totalitarian scoundrels who have engineered this move againt the Holy Monastery of Esphigmenou, I would not characterize it as the most tragic thing in the world. Anyone connected with this event, though, expecially as in "ordering" it should go to jail for a long, long time. I think everybody knows who I mean, but Forum propriety precludes me from propounding ponderously on the problem. Peace!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 06:17:28 AM »

Anyone connected with this event, though, expecially as in "ordering" it should go to jail for a long, long time. I think everybody knows who I mean, but Forum propriety precludes me from propounding ponderously on the problem. Peace!

You can come out and say what you're thinking: you think the Patriarch should go to jail for asking for the evictions.  It's ok to be critical of one's actions and decisions - as long as you don't make it personal (calling His All-Holiness or anyone else an idiot, etc.).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »

Now why are you moving topics around and locking them?

Feel free to break type for once and actually come up with some evidence for your accusation (but don't strain yourself or anything).  Then, feel free to report my action in question and one of the global moderators will deal with it, if necessary.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »

I've no dog in this fight over western rites, but the above is illogical , syllogistically speaking, in so many ways.

I was writing three facts, theses, whatever you wish to call them, but not simple logical premises. I guess we could debate their logical validity, but that's really dry and boring.

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »

I was writing three facts,

Opinions are not facts. They are opinions.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Suaiden
Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 10:43:47 AM »

Opinions are not facts. They are opinions.

They are not opinions.

1) The body of the text of the Liturgy of St Thomas Cranmer was complied by Anglicans who were neither part of the Orthodox Church nor interested corporately in becoming part of Her.  Massive parts of the liturgy were reduced first by the Roman Catholics, and then, BY THE PROTESTANTS to a few colorless pages (which confounds the ridiculous myth that "Western Orthodox have always had shorter services"-- in many cases the Western services were much longer.

2) As I have pointed out the the AWRV's own writing, the LSTC cannot be considered an Apostolic liturgy or even a Western liturgy proper by the standards of Orthodox doctrine. "The Church says so" is a poor answer; it just means the Church has reduced in size with such ridiculous proclamations.

3) As I've pointed out before, the strength of the argument has nothing to do with whether or not I am in your jurisdiction or in communion with it.  (It is precisely such things and the heterodox attitude towards them I see from so many people here that confirm that I am in the right place where I am.)  That said if a Roman Catholic points out the truth, will you simply call him a Papist and be rid of him?  And if so, why is it that these Anglican heretics have "so much truth" in their liturgy that we "should" consider it Orthodox?
 Placed on post moderation in accordance with posting policy: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,10945.0.html .
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:53:33 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »

They are not opinions.
Yes they are.
And because you insist on pushing your opinions in various threads accross the board instead of sticking to just the relevant threads, you are now placed on post moderation.
Keep it up, and you will be muted.
George

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 03:02:30 PM »

This thread is locked.
Those wishing to respond to discuss various Western Rites are referred to the Western Rite forum, and in particular in this case, this thread:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,16300.msg236199/topicseen.html#msg236199

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: