OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 11:15:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any dog fans out there?  (Read 4696 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2008, 02:48:16 PM »

Something from my local newspaper:

Oregonians know that dogs come to the rescue
Pack behavior of caring for each other leads to looking out for their owners, too
Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oregonians know dogs do come to their rescue, most of the time

The news reports said it was like a scene from "Lassie" when Annie, a miniature dachshund from Lake Oswego, saved her owner last month. Pam Fisher had fallen, and Annie barked -- and barked and barked -- until someone called the police, complaining about the noise. When police arrived, Annie kept barking, and eventually they heard Fisher's calls for help.

Talk with dog people for long, and you'll hear many stories of pets who saved the lives of their owners.

Follow this link to read the whole article.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »

I really want a G. Sheperd...do they shed much?
I grew up with a German Shepherd named Shadow.  I remember Dad once combing enough hair off that dog to fill a 5-gallon bucket.  Shadow was a good dog, but seeing some of the stuff he ate certainly made me think twice about letting him lick me.  EWWWW!  GROSS! Tongue

One thing to watch out for when buying a German Shepherd:  Apparently, 20th Century American breeding has produced a genetic defect prevalent in German Shepherds--thankfully, some of our more scrupulous breeders have produced many German Shepherds that have not inherited this defect--that results in a potentially debilitating condition known as canine hip dysplasia.  This condition often shows up even in older puppies and can lead to painful arthritis and lameness in one or both hind legs.  You can read more information about this at the following sites:

http://www.4germanshepherds.com/Dysplasia.htm

http://www.dogbiz.com/dogs-grp7/germ-shep/german-shepherd-health-issues.html

http://www.barkbytes.com/bremed/gshep.htm
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 06:13:15 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2008, 09:42:49 PM »

I'm more of a cat person than a dog person. My cat is okay with other people, but not with other cats-not even kittens. We torture each other: I go after her fuzzy tummy and she goes after my legs. She often follows me from room to room... Grin
I'd like to get a digital camera and have some LOL Catz moments with her... Tongue

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: