Author Topic: Patrick Swazye Has Cancer  (Read 3537 times)

Offline Bono Vox

• The Orthodox Bagpiper
  • OC.net guru
Patrick Swazye Has Cancer
« on: March 08, 2008, 12:54:52 AM »
I just found out Patrick Swazye has pancreatic cancer. I feel very sad about this. I have always liked his acting, and thought he was a nice person from all of the interviews I have seen of him over the years. My heart breaks for him and his family. From my understanding, pancreatic cancer is virtually incurable. Lord have mercy on him! We all need to keep him in our prayers.

FYI, I have read about his cancer on several websites. Wikipedia has it documented in case there are any concerns  :D  (my teachers would crucify me for siting wikipedia)
Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
Re: Patrick Swazye Has Cancer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:08:06 AM »

FYI, I have read about his cancer on several websites. Wikipedia has it documented in case there are any concerns  :D  (my teachers would crucify me for siting wikipedia)

Sad indeed.  I don't think he's a great actor but he has been in many movies I do enjoy such as Red Dawn, Road House, Ghost.  Lord have mercy.

OB, your teachers would crucify you even more for using siting in place of citing!
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline Bono Vox

• The Orthodox Bagpiper
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 01:12:25 AM »
I dont know why my personal reply is in the quote?
Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 01:15:01 AM »
Prayers for him and his family.

I never really cared for him as an actor.  Like Scamandrius, I did kinda like Red Dawn.  And I've yet to meet a girl thus far who doesn't go crazy for Dirty Dancing.  Now I...had...the time of my life...and I owe it all to you... :D
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 01:51:51 AM »
Lord have mercy.
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 09:35:29 AM »
My mom was an oncology nurse for over 10 years. In all that time, she never saw one person recover from pancreatic cancer. They were usually just treated for their symptoms and sent home to die.

Lord have mercy on Your servant Patrick.
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 09:58:43 AM »
Lord, have mercy! It's a very nasty form of cancer, very dangerous (metastasizes in the brain), and often terribly painful.
Love never fails.

Offline Rosehip

• Archon
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 11:40:51 AM »
Lord have mercy on Thy servant Patrick! :'(
+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 11:53:01 AM »
Lord, have mercy.
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »
Lord have mercy.
How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline EofK

• Mrs. Y
  • Protokentarchos
  • lolcat addict
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »
 And I've yet to meet a girl thus far who doesn't go crazy for Dirty Dancing.  

Sure you have... I despise the movie!   :laugh:

Lord have mercy on your servant Patrick.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams

Offline PrincessMommy

• High Elder
  • OCA
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »

I never really cared for him as an actor.  Like Scamandrius, I did kinda like Red Dawn.  And I've yet to meet a girl thus far who doesn't go crazy for Dirty Dancing.  Now I...had...the time of my life...and I owe it all to you... :D

I hated that movie.  And I didn't like Ghost either - except Whoopi was pretty funny.

Not a big fan of Patrick - but still, have mercy on him.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 08:26:38 PM by PrincessMommy »

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
  • O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
Lord have mercy on Patrick!   My father died of pancreatic cancer...he was diagnosed with it and died three weeks later.  His doctor was shocked that all he was taking for pain was extra strength Tylenol! :o  But in the last week of his life (he had Hospice care...a truly incredible service) he terrible pain was managed with Morphine. 

Juliana

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
Lord have mercy on Patrick!   My father died of pancreatic cancer...he was diagnosed with it and died three weeks later.  His doctor was shocked that all he was taking for pain was extra strength Tylenol! :o  But in the last week of his life (he had Hospice care...a truly incredible service) he terrible pain was managed with Morphine. 

Juliana

Lord have mercy.
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Offline PrincessMommy

• High Elder
  • OCA
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 10:12:51 PM »

Juliana

My dad is the same way.  He went in once for a "little pain in his abdomen" and it turned out to be a appendicitis that was beginning to go gangrene!!  :o  The doctor was shocked. 

That must have been very hard to loose your father so quickly.  Memory Eternal.

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 05:38:57 AM »
An update on Patrick Swazye's condition -

Patrick Swayze to begin shooting new cable series

NEW YORK (AP) — Patrick Swayze is going back to work. The "Dirty Dancing" actor, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer earlier this year, will begin shooting his new A&E series "The Beast" in Chicago this summer, the cable network announced Monday.

A&E ordered 13 episodes of the one-hour drama, which stars Swayze, 55, as an unorthodox FBI agent who trains — and hazes — his new partner (portrayed by Travis Fimmel). It is scheduled to premiere early next year.

"I have searched for quite a long time to find a character that is this multi-layered, unpredictable and downright entertaining, as well as a project this current and cutting-edged," Swayze said in a statement.

"There are constant twists and turns, because we never know what this `Charles Barker' is going to do next! Not only is the show driven by plot, but as important, it's character driven," Swayze said.

The actor shot "The Beast" pilot last December, months before his cancer diagnosis surfaced in news reports.

Swayze's representative, Annett Wolf, confirmed to The Associated Press in early March that he was undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer; meanwhile, his physician Dr. George Fisher issued a hopeful statement, saying Swayze had "a very limited amount of disease" and appeared "to be responding well to treatment."

Wolf declined comment Tuesday. A&E spokesman Dan Silberman said the network wasn't commenting beyond its news release announcing the greenlit series and statement from executive Bob DeBitetto, who professed to be "thrilled to have Patrick on board."

The New York Times reported earlier this week that Swayze will likely continue his treatment during four months of filming in Chicago. In an interview, DeBitetto told the Times that Swayze had benefitted by care including chemotherapy and experimental drugs.

"Obviously we've had candid conversations with him and his doctors, and we have a fairly high degree of expectation that Patrick will be good to work a full production schedule," said DeBitetto, adding, "No one is using words like cured or remission or miracle."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hWMFxQnI6yjpIRsPBcse2GquENewD917GV680

Lord have mercy.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:39:24 AM by Riddikulus »

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 06:35:49 AM »
God Have mercy on him ,,,Grant Healing Lord...Thy will Be Done,,,Amin...SmileyCentral.com" border="0
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.