OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 20, 2014, 05:06:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Since People Are Posting Websites They've Surfed Recently...  (Read 980 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« on: July 21, 2003, 06:44:15 PM »

...I thought I'd add this one that I was looking at today. It's a perfect example of an Orthodox Christian website that, for the most part, gets the rhetoric(and even the teachings) correct, but is far from having the savor of true Orthodoxy (as Fr. Seraphim Rose might call it).

If you've looked over the website and you don't understand why I'm saying this, I strongly suggest you pray about it (though you'll most likely need to do a lot more than that to get on the right path).

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 06:54:39 PM »

Well, I don't see it because I'm not about to pump another honking big plug-in to see a bunch of rather ordinary content.

I hear Fr. Vassily now: "Was to be having multi-media presentations in 18th century Russia? Am thinking not."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 06:57:16 PM by Keble » Logged
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 06:59:06 PM »

Well, I don't see it because I'm not about to pump another honking big plug-in to see a bunch of rather ordinary content.

Here!  Here!   Cool  (I'm with you, Keble: no d/l'ing of an unnecessary plug-in!)

Hypo-Ortho
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 07:37:53 PM »

I think the site totally cheesy.  It is too high glossed and slickly produced.  What is up with adding that stupid plug-in? Aside from bad web design, I am glad that I am not an Orthodox person living in North Texas.  The person who created the site probably meant well, but good intentions don't necessarily translate into something good.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: