Author Topic: Update - Baby caroline  (Read 1190 times)

Offline the slave

• intolerant of intolerance
  • High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Update - Baby caroline
« on: July 21, 2003, 06:01:52 PM »
Friends,

A while back I asked for your prayers for a wee baby - Caroline.

I have just received an update from her Nurse

<<Caroline will be discharged from the hospital to home tomorrow (Tuesday). Please pray that things go well for this family. It is a serious and scary undertaking to take such a fragile baby home, but they want her home with them and have undergone extensive ventilator training to get to this point.
Basically her overall condition has remained unchanged since her accident 6 months ago. We are all a little worried that something could go seriously wrong and they might not be able to respond as quickly as they have to which would be tragic for the family, but at least they will be together in their own home after so long apart.>>

Caroline is now almost 18 months old , totally paralysed and utterly reliant on a respirator.

Please keep her and her family in your prayers - they need all the help and support they can get.

Angela
"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
Re:Update - Baby caroline
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 04:40:22 PM »
This is so sad  :'(

I'd been hoping that Caroline was improving.  My thoughts are with her and her family.

Ebor
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 04:41:22 PM by Ebor »
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.

Offline the slave

• intolerant of intolerance
  • High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Re:Update - Baby caroline
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 04:24:15 AM »
Ebor,

Please keep up the prayers. Caroline has already had to be readmitted for 4 days in Intensive Care due to problems. However she is now home again :)

The family at present have 24 hour Nursing care  but this will be cut to 16 hours/day in a few weeks.

There is some 'improvement' - recently she has started to show visually a degree of panic whe she has 'air hunger' and until then had never appeared to realise that she was disconnected from the respirator which is essential at times. Unfortunately she is still unable to breath on her own.

The family are really struggling with this as you can imagine.
"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch