OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 12:23:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women lie about their sex lives  (Read 16901 times) Average Rating: 0
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2009, 03:20:14 PM »

Ironically, I've heard more of the opposite lately-men only want women with "experience".

LOL.

There's a running gag that I've come up with (though, I think a lot of people just come up with this on their own).

Why exactly would Muslims want a mess of virgins?  Why wouldn't they want a mess of female ne'er-do-wells who actually know what they're doing?

Cheesy

I'm kind of the same way (in moderation), but I suppose the reverse could be fun.  Learning together and all that.

I am the only man in a office with 10 women.. I have confirmed that polygamy is not a good option.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2009, 05:24:46 PM »

Ironically, I've heard more of the opposite lately-men only want women with "experience".

LOL.

There's a running gag that I've come up with (though, I think a lot of people just come up with this on their own).

Why exactly would Muslims want a mess of virgins?  Why wouldn't they want a mess of female ne'er-do-wells who actually know what they're doing?

Cheesy

I'm kind of the same way (in moderation), but I suppose the reverse could be fun.  Learning together and all that.

I am the only man in a office with 10 women.. I have confirmed that polygamy is not a good option.

Smart man.   laugh

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2009, 12:24:05 AM »

Is it because they want an even match?  Roll Eyes

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
Etsi

Jurisdiction: Greek

Always reflecting and reforming.

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »

This thread would be really sad for a couple of my friends to read...and I'm glad they aren't.  Plutonas' (sp) attitude would deem rape victims as unmarriagable.
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2009, 08:59:45 PM »

Is it because they want an even match?  Roll Eyes

I'm not sure. I think it's because they're selfish. I've decided it's impossible to please men. They always hold something against you. Men, on the other hand, have it much easier-they don't have nearly the difficulties women face in finding a mate.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Gabriel
Agnostic Pessimist

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »

I'm not sure. I think it's because they're selfish. I've decided it's impossible to please men. They always hold something against you. Men, on the other hand, have it much easier-they don't have nearly the difficulties women face in finding a mate.

Really...

Enlighten us.

My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning.
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »

Yes. If you diligently keep yourself pure out of love and devotion to your future husband, then you discover men disdain you for this. If you have fallen into sin and been in previous relationships, then the men despise you because you're not a virgin. On the other hand, men seem to be able to get away with immoral behaviour, and somehow, that's okay. Plus, they get to ask women out. Women do not have that option and must wait until someone asks them. I've known all sorts of very unattractive men who manage to find mates but women who far surpass them in the looks department are never chosen.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2009, 11:16:12 AM »

Yes. If you diligently keep yourself pure out of love and devotion to your future husband, then you discover men disdain you for this. If you have fallen into sin and been in previous relationships, then the men despise you because you're not a virgin. On the other hand, men seem to be able to get away with immoral behaviour, and somehow, that's okay. Plus, they get to ask women out. Women do not have that option and must wait until someone asks them. I've known all sorts of very unattractive men who manage to find mates but women who far surpass them in the looks department are never chosen.

I find the bolded statement quite telling, honestly.  Those "unattractive men" are usually people for whom beauty is in the eye of the beholder and who are actually looking for a person rather than at a person.

I say this as one of those "unattractive men" who most conventionally attractive women don't even notice exist let alone would consider dating.  I say this as a friend of scores of "unattractive men" who enjoy the "dorky" pursuits of life who were always told they'd be alone for the rest of their lives and managed through thick and thin to look find a mate.  I say this as the husband of a beautiful woman who had a horrible track record in dating men for so long that her mother had in it for me from the get-go because she was simply accustomed to her daughter dating horrible men. 

Perhaps you need to move or look elsewhere.  There's bound to be a gaming convention near you where you're going to find someone who will adore the very ground you walk on and who wouldn't mind in the slightest if you asked them out because they lack the confidence to do it themselves.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »

I didn't intend to slam "unattractive men". What I meant to say was that even "unattractive" men think it their right to a "beautiful" woman. However, "unattractive" women aren't able to enjoy the same privileges, and are usually ignored by men. Women are constantly judged by so many things, whereas men can do as they please and think it their right-no matter what they look like to "rate" women, to marry a "beautiful" woman, to disdain a woman for either being a virgin or promiscuous or too ugly. Believe me, I've been around a lot of men, and I know how they act.

Douglas
High Elder

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »

It seems to me that we need to be very careful about making sweeping generalizations. Just a suggestion. It's unwise to label men and women as being this or that. If one is going to judge at all, it seems more prudent to judge the individual rather than paint broad stripes over the group. Just my two cents.    Roll Eyes

Douglas no longer posts on the forum.
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »

LOL.

Cheesy

I have heard that monogamy and polygamy are really the same.  They are both at least one spouse too many.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
sodr2

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

القديس الانبا رويس

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2009, 01:59:23 AM »

Never thought I'd see such a spicy topic on an Orthodox forum laugh

Some saints with a "dark past":

-St. Mary of Egypt
-St. Moses the Black
-St. Augustine (I think)
-That girl who tempted St. George the Roman while in his cell

The thing is, all these people turned away from their lives and never went back. But what does the church have to say for those who do return, like let's say 'addicted' to sin?

"I've decided it's impossible to please men."

laugh Right back at you, missy! Just listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrmjSOer04M <--Those who think they stand, *take heed* lest you fall, you have been warned (the video isn't completely appropriate, but does have a catchy tune).

Disclaimer: The above link directs the viewer to a video which contains material that some may find offensive. Viewer discretion is advised.--YtterbiumAnalyst
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:10:37 PM by ytterbiumanalyst » Logged

"Happiness depends on the relationship between man and God." Pope Shenouda III
Douglas
High Elder

« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »

laugh Right back at you, missy! Just listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrmjSOer04M <--Those who think they stand, *take heed* lest you fall, you have been warned (the video isn't completely appropriate, but does have a catchy tune).

This video is completely inappropriate for a Christian forum, your warning notwithstanding. We are Christians... Orthodox Christians. I would hope that we can show better discretion in what we allow in through the eye. This sort of filth has a way of polluting the heart and can easily become an addiction. I had a small part in this thread so I was curious as to what you believed pertained to the discussion. After twenty or so seconds of that disgusting video, I quickly turned it off. Lord, have mercy.

And... "right back at you, missy"Huh Missy is both a derogatory term as well as showing a sexist bent. We're not adversarial here nor do we demean the other gender. I'm actually quite shocked that your first post to this thread would be so dismissive of a long-time poster here.

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »

This video is completely inappropriate for a Christian forum, your warning notwithstanding. We are Christians... Orthodox Christians. I would hope that we can show better discretion in what we allow in through the eye. This sort of filth has a way of polluting the heart and can easily become an addiction. I had a small part in this thread so I was curious as to what you believed pertained to the discussion. After twenty or so seconds of that disgusting video, I quickly turned it off. Lord, have mercy.

And... "right back at you, missy"Huh Missy is both a derogatory term as well as showing a sexist bent. We're not adversarial here nor do we demean the other gender. I'm actually quite shocked that your first post to this thread would be so dismissive of a long-time poster here.

Although hard to understand, the lyrics aren't commending that lifestyle.  Quite the opposite.  At the end there is a statistic about HIV infection among girls in Jamaica, and a quote "burn the sex seller and the buyer."

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »

Thanks, Douglas. Um, sodr2, I didn't manage to get through that video you posted. Sorry, it's just not my style. The genre is totally foreign to me and not my taste at all. Regarding my remark, on which you commented, that remark wasn't intended to mean what I believe you are somehow implying. I meant my remark to mean that in order to even be asked out on a date by a serious and honourable man who intends to marry and to keep himself pure before marriage, often his standards relating to a woman's appearance, family background, ethnicity, career etc etc. are so high that ordinary women don't stand a chance. I was NOT referring to something sexual, as I believe you were.

sodr2

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

القديس الانبا رويس

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2009, 11:52:05 AM »

Ever hear the saying: "It's not what goes into a person, but what comes out of him."? BTW I was not trying to be sexist.

And the comment I made in reply to Rosehip wasn't meant to be referring to anything sexual (if you want, it can be).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:54:03 AM by sodr2 » Logged

"Happiness depends on the relationship between man and God." Pope Shenouda III
Douglas
High Elder

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2009, 12:29:49 PM »

Although hard to understand, the lyrics aren't commending that lifestyle.  Quite the opposite.  At the end there is a statistic about HIV infection among girls in Jamaica, and a quote "burn the sex seller and the buyer."
I understand. But I don't appreciate scantily clad women, men leering and prostitution presented here on this Christian forum in order to make a point (whatever that point might have been in relation to the ongoing discussion). Let's just say that our standards are a little different.

Douglas
High Elder

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2009, 12:33:20 PM »

Ever hear the saying: "It's not what goes into a person, but what comes out of him."? BTW I was not trying to be sexist.

And the comment I made in reply to Rosehip wasn't meant to be referring to anything sexual (if you want, it can be).

Whether you intentionally meant it to be sexist or not, using the word "missy" is a dismissive term... period. In fact, your comment that "you (sic) were not trying to be sexist" puts me in mind of Sotomayor's comment that her comments were not racially motivated. What is on the heart, frequently comes out of the mouth (in this case, via the keyboard).

Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »

I actually found it nothing short of hilarious to be called "Missy" by a 17 year old male. Shocked Cheesy

Douglas
High Elder

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2009, 12:48:46 PM »

I actually found it nothing short of hilarious to be called "Missy" by a 17 year old male. Shocked Cheesy

Well... now that you mention it, it is rather funny. I need to check profiles more often.

Pravoslavbob
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »

Two things, folks:

Please keep the discussion clean, and refrain from any ad hominems involving sex or gender, and any innuendo.  No more comments of this nature will be tolerated.  Nor will any more political references (eg: something involving Sotomayor).  I hope that this is clear.  Thank you.

Pravoslavbob
Free-for-all Moderator
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 04:55:19 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »

Humans lie about sex.

Psalm 12:1-2 For the director of music. According to sheminith. A psalm of David. Help, LORD, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men. Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception.

Silly Stars
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: