OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 12:24:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the delete button?  (Read 2228 times) Average Rating: 0
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« on: May 26, 2008, 10:20:16 PM »

Really dumb question-but can someone please tell me how this hapless soul can locate the "delete" button???

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »

You can just click on "Modify" tab, highlight the text, and then hit "Delete" in the lower right portion of your keyboard.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:32:04 PM »

Thanks, Starlight. I've tried that process a million times, but I must be missing something. It simply doesn't work for me. Oh well. Maybe a Mod can delete this post, including the above two of mine. Many thanks.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:50:45 PM »

You are more then welcome.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:44:04 PM »

I'm under the impression that posts cannot be deleted.  One can delete all the text of a post but not the entire post itself.  The Mods can explain the rationale better than I can.   Grin
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 11:53:35 PM »

I'm under the impression that posts cannot be deleted.  One can delete all the text of a post but not the entire post itself.  The Mods can explain the rationale better than I can.   Grin

Mixture of "stand by what you wrote" and limiting the chance of database errors.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 08:31:41 PM »

Friul is correct. We prefer not to delete messages. However, you do have the ability to modify your post for about fifteen minutes after you submitted it; some people who wish to delete a post simply replace all of the text with the word "deleted" or a similar phrase.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:21:11 PM »

How is it then that certain posts just seem to disappear into thin air? Huh

Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:48:55 PM »

How is it then that certain posts just seem to disappear into thin air? Huh

Cyber ghouls.   laugh

Not sure.  Posts are not deleted unless due to explicit content and we have to get it down ASAP.  Posts can be split, merged and sent to the Private Section, maybe that is why they appear to vanish?

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 09:57:07 PM »

Cyber ghouls.   laugh

This must be the only possible answer. As an Orthodox Christian I should be used to the fact that  some things must simply be accepted by faith rather than trying to explain the unknown. Sigh.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 09:57:42 PM by Rosehip » Logged

Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »

This must be the only possible answer. As an Orthodox Christian I should be used to the fact that  some things must simply be accepted by faith rather than trying to explain the unknown. Sigh.

Computers sometimes just like to act on their own accord.   Tongue  You just have to learn to sit back and debug.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: