OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 04:35:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did you all go?  (Read 1619 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: July 18, 2003, 11:03:29 AM »

Well our explosive growth has come back down to pre-growth levels in terms of number of posts.  Are you all on vacation or did we do something to alienate you all? (I hope not!)

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 11:27:54 AM »

Well, I'm not complaining (I think it's just that time of year, vacations and all).  It's making my transition into a "Global Moderator" very smooth.  Smiley  I haven't had to censure anyone or delete any untoward remarks or posts thus far (although I had thought about doing something with Bobby's most recent post Shocked  Embarrassed, but Mor moved it to the Unmoderated thread before I could get to it).  Will it always be this easy? Huh

Hypo-Ortho
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 11:51:43 AM by Hypo-Ortho » Logged
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 11:44:55 AM »

Well Brother Hypo,

I guess this old wandering Latin will post a no no somewhere and you can exercise your papal power . I'm still waiting to see if I will win Top RC poster.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 11:48:07 AM »

Well Brother Hypo,

I guess this old wandering Latin will post a no no somewhere and you can exercise your papal power . I'm still waiting to see if I will win Top RC poster.

james

James, I'm just chomping at the bit to pontificate "ex cathedra!"   Grin

Hypo-Ortho
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 11:48:20 AM »

Strange. Nicholas just posted some stats over at the cafe, and it also had a drop during the last month (though seems to have rebounded this month). Traffic at Fora do tend to change, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 11:48:37 AM by Paradosis » Logged

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 01:47:52 PM »

I am willing to bet it is just a summer thing, actually.  Most students like me are working, people are travelling, etc., which all contribute to less posting.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 05:32:35 PM »

Well Anastasios, seems I brewed up quite a storm over in the free-for-all.  They're all there now too...  wait... so are you.  :-)
Ania
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 05:37:05 PM by ania » Logged

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 05:33:48 PM »

Heat, humidity, children home for summer vacation.  Have you ever tried to post when 1 child is asking for "Blue's Clues" and sausages, another is cleaning his room but knocked over the lamp and needs a new bulb while the middle one has found a dirty penny and wants to set up the experiment she saw on a science program with cleaning pennies with lemon juice.   And then it's snack time and child three is half off the sofa balancing on one hand waving a doughnut in the air and yodeling while 1 is playing the "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" song-game and the third is playing a LEGO computer game while his Bionicles "watch" and asking if LEGO used other Maori words besides "Toa" (warrior)?   And then there are the cats....

We wouldn't want dull children.... Grin

Ebor

edited for bad syntax and incoherant phrasing

« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 05:40:52 PM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 05:36:21 PM »

Well Good, Ania, I am glad! :-)

Please Buy My Book!

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 05:37:19 PM »

From the looks of "Free-for-all" it looks like you don't need to worry about the forum getting posts.  

Be careful what you wish for (as the old saying goes. )  You might get it.

8-)

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 05:38:03 PM »

Maybe we can break a "How many are logged on" record.

Ebor

arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 08:51:33 PM »

Cool I am not someone who is an avid poster but I do read this board a couple of times a day. However,  I am leaving tomorrow for the Antiochian Archdioces National Convention so I won't be reading. I hope nothing to exciting happens while I am away.

Joseph
NDHoosier

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian Patriarchate

Exiled from God's Country (North Dakota)

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2003, 01:00:28 AM »

James, I'm just chomping at the bit to pontificate "ex cathedra!"   Grin

Hypo-Ortho

[attachment deleted by admin]

There ain't a horse that can't be rode, and there ain't a rider that can't be throwed.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: