OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 03:46:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Post Triumphalist Rot?  (Read 1324 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« on: July 20, 2003, 10:42:15 AM »

Over at Greg's discussion board, this comment was made:

Look at all the triumphalist rot that gets posted at a site like orthodoxchristianity.net.

Now come on, fess up, who posts it?  Shocked Grin

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 12:52:20 PM »

LOL!!!

A bunch of triumphalist rot...

Diane should come over here and say it to our faces.

Bobby
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 08:15:31 PM »

The sad thing is that I've certainly read posts by her in other places that come across as triumphalistic rot, but in favour of Roman Catholicism (of course, in this latter case, it is not triumphalistic rot, but the proclamation of the "true faith"...because the Orthodox obviously do not have the fulness of the true faith in her eyes, what we say is triumphalistic rot).  And not just her, but others as well; I know, I've spoken and debated with them.  Pride does not recognise schisms and heresy; it can be found among Catholics and Orthodox.  

However, I wonder what the point is of pointing out our faults in a place where we will not see it, rather than doing the charitable thing and bringing it to us so we may correct ourselves.  What is this, if not gossip?  I am not sure, but I will pray for her and those like her.  They are obviously sincere in their beliefs, and let's face it, to be a sincere, faithful Roman Catholic these days can prove to be an upward struggle when it often appears to be the case that not only the Devil, but one's own Church is fighting against you.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 08:19:39 PM »

What is "triumphalist rot", anyway?

Maybe I post it but don't know it.

We win in the end.

Is that a triumphalist statement?

How about this one?

Christ has already won.

I guess I am into triumph.  Grin

And I am pretty rotten . . .

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 10:53:55 PM »

I talk to Diane all the time.  She is nice in emails but nasty on forums.  I told that to her face so don't get the idea I am saying this behind her back.  I like her personally but her idea of a "nice Orthodox" is someone who is basically a closet Catholic.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 10:35:13 AM »

Does Diane = Diane Marie, the person who used to (or still does) post at Steve Ray's message board?

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 11:39:20 AM »

Paradosis,

Yeppers!

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 11:40:17 AM »

OK, remember her Smiley Nice lady! Unless you defended Orthodoxy Wink
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 11:40:41 AM by Paradosis » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: