OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 05:08:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do We Cross Ourselves?  (Read 1303 times) Average Rating: 3
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« on: February 22, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »

Being new to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, I am still a bit unsure as to how exactly to Cross myself. I know that we are supposed to cross our fingers in the shape of a Cross, and make the gesture from our forehead downward (indicating that Our Lord descended from Heaven to Earth) and then from left to right (indicating that He came to take us from a sinful life to a right life.)

But I do not understand exactly how to cross my fingers in the form of a Cross. Any specific instructions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 12:05:57 AM »

Being new to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, I am still a bit unsure as to how exactly to Cross myself. I know that we are supposed to cross our fingers in the shape of a Cross, and make the gesture from our forehead downward (indicating that Our Lord descended from Heaven to Earth) and then from left to right (indicating that He came to take us from a sinful life to a right life.)

But I do not understand exactly how to cross my fingers in the form of a Cross. Any specific instructions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Selam

What do they do at your Church?

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »

This post might help you out:  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,3671.msg208077.html#msg208077

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:18:31 AM »

Great! That was so helpful!!! Now I feel really dumb for asking the question, seeing as how it has already been so thoroughly answered. Sorry guys.

Thank you my brother.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Tags: sign of the Cross 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: