Author Topic: How Do We Cross Ourselves?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
How Do We Cross Ourselves?
« on: February 22, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »
Being new to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, I am still a bit unsure as to how exactly to Cross myself. I know that we are supposed to cross our fingers in the shape of a Cross, and make the gesture from our forehead downward (indicating that Our Lord descended from Heaven to Earth) and then from left to right (indicating that He came to take us from a sinful life to a right life.)

But I do not understand exactly how to cross my fingers in the form of a Cross. Any specific instructions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
Re: How Do We Cross Ourselves?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 12:05:57 AM »
Being new to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, I am still a bit unsure as to how exactly to Cross myself. I know that we are supposed to cross our fingers in the shape of a Cross, and make the gesture from our forehead downward (indicating that Our Lord descended from Heaven to Earth) and then from left to right (indicating that He came to take us from a sinful life to a right life.)

But I do not understand exactly how to cross my fingers in the form of a Cross. Any specific instructions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Selam

What do they do at your Church?
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:18:31 AM »
This post might help you out:  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,3671.msg208077.html#msg208077

Great! That was so helpful!!! Now I feel really dumb for asking the question, seeing as how it has already been so thoroughly answered. Sorry guys.

Thank you my brother.

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+