OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 05:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for my Mother  (Read 818 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: July 19, 2003, 08:35:29 PM »

My Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I humbly ask for your prayers tonight.

Today we moved my mother from the house that she has lived in for 40 years into an Assisted Care facility. My father died 2 years ago, and since then she has been going downhill quickly and can no longer live on her own.

She called me tonight crying and saying that she wanted to go home. MY HEART ACHES!!!

Please remember her, Thelma, in your prayers!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 08:41:35 PM by TomS » Logged
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 08:44:52 PM »

Brother TomS,

I will gladly add your Mother to my prayers, I have a idea of what your feeling, I was a caregiver for my Mother, she passed in March, she was 90 yrs old.

May the Lord increase your strength and comfort your Mother Thelma.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 02:19:50 AM »

Tom, my heart aches for you.  I'll remember your mother, Thelma, with a lighted candle and prayer in church before Liturgy this morning.

And James, I remembered your brother, Michael, by lighting a candle and offering a prayer for him at the Christ the Savior icon in church before Vespers yesterday evening.

Hypo-Ortho
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: