OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 02:24:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel mercies, and for my daughter and all family  (Read 2430 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« on: May 18, 2008, 04:05:05 PM »

Asking your prayers -going to Dallas, TX very early tomorrow morning, and then to Crockett, TX, where my daughter Maryana will marry her fiance, Ryan, on May 24 2008. My wife Lesya is going with me. Please remember us in your prayers. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:45:28 PM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »

Congratulations and safe travels.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 06:31:49 PM »

May God grant you travelling mercies.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 07:20:18 PM »

MAy God Protect you and your family ,in your travel's ,may your gardian angel's watch over you...SmileyCentral.com" border="0Mir Boziji
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 07:43:55 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »

Lord, have mercy!  Safe travels.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 08:11:08 PM »

Lord have mercy and may God bless your daughter and new son-in-law!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 08:38:17 PM »

Lord, Have Mercy.

Na Zisoun! (traditional greeting given to newlyweds which means "May they live")   Smiley
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »

Lord have mercy, and bless the newlyweds-to-be.

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 09:39:33 PM »

Lord have mercy on your servants.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 09:45:13 PM »

Congratulations to you all. Lord protect you all on your journey - and best wishes for a wonderful life together for your daughter and her future hubby.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 10:08:13 PM »

Prayers...

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »

Thank you, all...

You know, honestly, I am so afraid of dying, I am so afraid of the plane crushing suddenly, etc...

I am perhaps a very bad Christian, because I really cannot force myself to believe in so many things that are usually thought to be so paramount, so primarily important for this "Christian faith" of ours. I have no faith whatsoever in the reality of these so-called "Adam and Eve." I don't know what does it all mean, "ancestral sin," "fall," "acquiring mortality," "being originally immortal and then becoming mortal." I absolutely refuse to understand and accept, no matter what and how much of these so-called "Fathers" I read, that our physical, material human makeup "changed" to the allegedly something "worse" after some mythical ancestor of ours "disobeyed" to God. All the attempts of my wonderful, good, kind friends from this forum to convince me in the reality, in the validity, in the truth of these statemets are, so far, in vain.

I do, however, very honestly, sincerely believe that *I* - I. George (Heorhij) V. Pinchuk, - am terrible, that I am not in the least what glorious, wonderful being I am supposed to be; and that there isn't even one sin, icluding murder, and theft, and adultery, and all others, in which I wouldn't be guilty of; and that Jesus Christ, our God, Who became, for us men and for our salvation, fully human, has trampled over death, and stopped these material "stoicheia" that had led us from being into non-being; and in that  - as I beleive - He stood up from His tomb, and in that He founded the Church to which I am most blessed and happy to belong... But that's about it. How exactly will I, George V. Pinchuk, be pardoned, and taken up, and glorified, and sanctified, and saved, and admitted to this eternal Kingdom of God rather than to this eternal realm of darkness, sorrow, weeping and gnashing of teeth, - I do not know, I do not see, I do not have any assurance of; and that bothers me tremedously, kills me, torments me. Even more so given tat all of my relatives, without exception, have absolutely no faith in  Christ, His reality, His divinity, His teaching... none whatsoever...

Please, folks, just pray for the souls of my daughter, and wife, and mother, and my deceased (suicidal) dad, and my son-in-law, and his relatives, and all the poor sinful souls of this whole world as I am on those planes...

Love never fails.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 11:07:46 PM »

Lord have mercy on your servants - guide, guard, protect, and keep them in Your mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 01:47:57 AM »

Thank you, all...

You know, honestly, I am so afraid of dying, I am so afraid of the plane crushing suddenly, etc...

I am perhaps a very bad Christian, because I really cannot force myself to believe in so many things that are usually thought to be so paramount, so primarily important for this "Christian faith" of ours. I have no faith whatsoever in the reality of these so-called "Adam and Eve." I don't know what does it all mean, "ancestral sin," "fall," "acquiring mortality," "being originally immortal and then becoming mortal." I absolutely refuse to understand and accept, no matter what and how much of these so-called "Fathers" I read, that our physical, material human makeup "changed" to the allegedly something "worse" after some mythical ancestor of ours "disobeyed" to God. All the attempts of my wonderful, good, kind friends from this forum to convince me in the reality, in the validity, in the truth of these statemets are, so far, in vain.

I do, however, very honestly, sincerely believe that *I* - I. George (Heorhij) V. Pinchuk, - am terrible, that I am not in the least what glorious, wonderful being I am supposed to be; and that there isn't even one sin, icluding murder, and theft, and adultery, and all others, in which I wouldn't be guilty of; and that Jesus Christ, our God, Who became, for us men and for our salvation, fully human, has trampled over death, and stopped these material "stoicheia" that had led us from being into non-being; and in that  - as I beleive - He stood up from His tomb, and in that He founded the Church to which I am most blessed and happy to belong... But that's about it. How exactly will I, George V. Pinchuk, be pardoned, and taken up, and glorified, and sanctified, and saved, and admitted to this eternal Kingdom of God rather than to this eternal realm of darkness, sorrow, weeping and gnashing of teeth, - I do not know, I do not see, I do not have any assurance of; and that bothers me tremedously, kills me, torments me. Even more so given tat all of my relatives, without exception, have absolutely no faith in  Christ, His reality, His divinity, His teaching... none whatsoever...

Please, folks, just pray for the souls of my daughter, and wife, and mother, and my deceased (suicidal) dad, and my son-in-law, and his relatives, and all the poor sinful souls of this whole world as I am on those planes...

Brother if the plane crashed God forbid the pain would be so brief ,that you would be out of the body in know time,,on the state of some ones soul i can't say... flying im sure it's  scary...go to confession ,holy communon...cleanse your soul before you depart on your journey....tell your family this ..prepare call it soul insurance.....God bless you Brother...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:51:21 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 04:04:46 AM »

Lord, have mercy on George and all his family and all those he holds dear.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 10:58:39 AM »

Lord have mercy and save Your servants.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »

Praying for you and your family! I also experience many doubts and fears, so you are not alone in this! May your wife and daughter be filled with a desire to love and serve the Lord...

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 10:15:37 PM »

May Lord bless your journey. May Lord bless all your family in everything. Best wishes!
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 11:48:47 PM »

The Lord bless you and keep you in your travels, George.
Heorhij
Merarches

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »

An update: they are already "hitched!" The wedding ceremony was completely secular, because they both are atheists, but I managed to give them a gift of a little icon of the Most Holy Theotokos, and, surprise, surprise, my atheist dauhter thanked me very emotionally and kissed me all over... Right now, we are broiling in the east Texas sun, swimming in a great clean lake in the middle of a forest, and eating crawfish. Thank you all for your prayers, I really appreciate them!

Love never fails.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 07:58:42 PM »

Many many years to the happy couple!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 09:14:59 PM »

Wonderful news for your and your familiy!  I know you're enjoying your time with your family!  May the Lord continue to bless you, brother.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 10:19:54 PM »

Many years!

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: