OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 10:38:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church Fathers?  (Read 1390 times) Average Rating: 0
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« on: May 16, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »

In another Thread, OZgeorge mentioned that some of the documents written by the Church Fathers concerning the Peter, Rome, and the Papacy had been interpolated. Where can I find faith translations of the original writting of the Church Fathers concering these matters without the interpolations. I am look for sources that are neither biased nor slanted for or against either Church.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
truth

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »

In another Thread, OZgeorge mentioned that some of the documents written by the Church Fathers concerning the Peter, Rome, and the Papacy had been interpolated. Where can I find faith translations of the original writting of the Church Fathers concering these matters without the interpolations. I am look for sources that are neither biased nor slanted for or against either Church.

Even if you get the quotes, there is an interpertation problem! And depending where you stand, you'll be biased. Welcome to the fallen human mind.

If it supports your beliefs, than it must be true. If not, it must be a forgery or interpreted in a way to sound like it supports your cause.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:31:44 PM »

Even if you get the quotes, there is an interpertation problem! And depending where you stand, you'll be biased. Welcome to the fallen human mind.

If it supports your beliefs, than it must be true. If not, it must be a forgery or interpreted in a way to sound like it supports your cause.

Which is why proof-texting the Fathers is just as useless as proof-texting the Bible.
Tags: Petrine Primacy 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: