Author Topic: Church Fathers?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • An Ideal to Strive Towards
Church Fathers?
« on: May 16, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »
In another Thread, OZgeorge mentioned that some of the documents written by the Church Fathers concerning the Peter, Rome, and the Papacy had been interpolated. Where can I find faith translations of the original writting of the Church Fathers concering these matters without the interpolations. I am look for sources that are neither biased nor slanted for or against either Church.
My posts no longer forum here.

Offline truth

Re: Church Fathers?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »
In another Thread, OZgeorge mentioned that some of the documents written by the Church Fathers concerning the Peter, Rome, and the Papacy had been interpolated. Where can I find faith translations of the original writting of the Church Fathers concering these matters without the interpolations. I am look for sources that are neither biased nor slanted for or against either Church.

Even if you get the quotes, there is an interpertation problem! And depending where you stand, you'll be biased. Welcome to the fallen human mind.

If it supports your beliefs, than it must be true. If not, it must be a forgery or interpreted in a way to sound like it supports your cause.

Offline lubeltri

• Latin Catholic layman
  • Protokentarchos
Re: Church Fathers?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:31:44 PM »
Even if you get the quotes, there is an interpertation problem! And depending where you stand, you'll be biased. Welcome to the fallen human mind.

If it supports your beliefs, than it must be true. If not, it must be a forgery or interpreted in a way to sound like it supports your cause.

Which is why proof-texting the Fathers is just as useless as proof-texting the Bible.