OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 02:55:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Euthymios' Trashy way of praying for people  (Read 2485 times) Average Rating: 0
Euthymios

Jurisdiction: UNCHURCHED

« on: May 13, 2008, 04:35:35 AM »

Humbly asking for your prayers... my daughter is taking a pretty difficult final exam in the German language at Harvard.  Shocked

It is obvious your prayer request was not intended for prayer, but to boast. God would not answer a selfish and sinful prayer like that. He is more concerned with starving children in Africa. And Harvard is liberal. Nothing to be proud of. My uncle went to Harvard Law school. But it was not as liberal then as it is now.
 Honestly, who attacks someone's request in the Prayer forum?  If you don't think the prayer is genuine, then pray to the Lord for enlightenment - both for the subject of the prayer, and the person who made the request.  We do not accept any sort of shenanigans in the prayer forum, however, and what you've said and done (twice!) is unacceptable.  If you feel that this warning is in error, please send a private message to FrChris (the Forum Administrator).

- Cleveland, Global Moderator

CLICK HERE to see why this poster is being moderated.

Love one another earnestly from the heart --1Peter.1:22
Euthymios

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 04:37:31 AM »

I submit that when she comes out of that school, she will have either lost faith, or will end-up a very mediocre Christian.

Jimmy
Maronite

Faith: Maronite Catholic

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:08:45 AM »

I submit that when she comes out of that school, she will have either lost faith, or will end-up a very mediocre Christian.

Excuse me, but you are overstepping your bounds.  First you attempt to read the heart of the OP and now you make accusations against the OP's daughters faith.  You know nothing about what you are speaking.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:09 AM »

Euthymios, the prayer forum is to be used only for prayer and NOT to judge or attack the requester.  Please do not profane this forum again with these kinds of responses.

Lord have mercy on your handmaid.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:27:56 AM by EofK » Logged

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 10:13:21 AM »

Excuse me, but you are overstepping your bounds.  First you attempt to read the heart of the OP and now you make accusations against the OP's daughters faith.  You know nothing about what you are speaking.

Apparently Euthymios thinks he's some sort of "divine oracle"- like Balaams' Ass.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Euthymios

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »

The reason I said he only came here to boast of his daughter going to Harvard, is because if prayer was all he came here for, he would not have mentioned the name of the college. He would have said "please pray for my daughters German class college exam." God knows what school she attends.  The name of the school is non-essential.

If he looks within his mind and heart he will see that what I am saying is the truth.

But for further advice, I would not brag about Harvard. They are extremlely liberal.
 You were warned and yet you again desecrated the Prayer Forum.
Since you cannot follow simple instructions, or treat people with respect, or respect the forum rules, you are now on post moderation which means that all your posts must be approved by a moderator before they can be posted.
 Since you ceased logging into this site after 'serving' only 18 days of your original term of post-moderation, and you have not demonstrated any improvement in your posting habits, you are again on post moderation.

+Fr Chris
Forum Administrator

Euthymios

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 07:57:31 PM »

I am an insightful linguist and highly intelligent. I can see through stuff like this. I can see what people are thinking and and what they are intending.

prodromas
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »

The reason I said he only came here to boastof his daughter going to Harvard

I am an insightful linguist and highly intelligent. I can see through stuff like this. I can see what people are thinking and and what they are intending.

Did you minor in misunderstanding and self awareness?

Also Heorhij may the all merciful God have mercy on your daughter and may his plan come to fruition.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:57:02 PM by prodromas » Logged

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
Simayan
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate - GOA

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »

Ha. Ahaha! HAHAHA!!

Not only is this one of the most arrogant things that I have heard, but your attacks against someone who has a prayer request is vile and revolting. However, I am glad to see you play God and use your oh-so-amazing powers of perception to judge others. Perhaps those in the Federal Court system should hire you - after all, then we wouldn't have to pay for judges or juries.

And then we reach the crux of your argument: liberalism. Oh yes, the scourge of America! Heaven forbid anyone go to a school that has a liberal slant, or it might make them think about what they believe in!

On a lighter note, Lord have Mercy on your servant, and may she learn to master a language of your world.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:49:44 PM by Simayan » Logged

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, nor mourning nor crying nor suffering, for the old order of things has passed away."
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »

I am an insightful linguist and highly intelligent.
Then why do you have difficulty following basic instructions?

Honestly, who attacks someone's request in the Prayer forum?  If you don't think the prayer is genuine, then pray to the Lord for enlightenment - both for the subject of the prayer, and the person who made the request.  We do not accept any sort of shenanigans in the prayer forum, however, and what you've said and done (twice!) is unacceptable.  If you feel that this warning is in error, please send a private message to FrChris (the Forum Administrator).

- Cleveland, Global Moderator
[/center]

Euthymios, the prayer forum is to be used only for prayer and NOT to judge or attack the requester.  Please do not profane this forum again with these kinds of responses.

You were warned and yet you again desecrated the Prayer Forum.
Since you cannot follow simple instructions, or treat people with respect, or respect the forum rules, you are now on post moderation which means that all your posts must be approved by a moderator before they can be posted
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:05:16 PM by ozgeorge » Logged

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 10:08:07 PM »

Even though this thread is locked, I just need to say this. I think Heorhij's point was simply, "my kid is in Harvard, that's a tough school." And anyone knows that is true. So the point was, "my kid, whom I love, is having a really hard time with a hard exam for a hard language at a hard school so please pray for her." And what father wouldn't feel that way!

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »

Even though this thread is locked, I just need to say this. I think Heorhij's point was simply, "my kid is in Harvard, that's a tough school." And anyone knows that is true. So the point was, "my kid, whom I love, is having a really hard time with a hard exam for a hard language at a hard school so please pray for her." And what father wouldn't feel that way!

Everyone but the "insightful and highly intelligent" Euthymios can see that!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: