OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 04:50:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Apology from Papist  (Read 1458 times) Average Rating: 0
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« on: May 09, 2008, 12:11:35 AM »

I just want everyone to know that I worked myself up into a bit of frenzy over at Catholic Answers today. Because of the way in which I expressed my frustration with some Eastern Catholics I got myself suspended. I realize that I allow my zeal for the Catholic faith take me places it should not at times and I realize that that is something I have done here at OC.net. While I don't apologize for my theological/ecclesiological positions, I do apologize, in a most heartfelt way for my actions and the manner in which I represent my positions. I realize that I do not always represent my faith, nor the traditionalist movement in the Church well when I behave so poorly. There is no excuse for my behavior, as it is unbefitting of a Christain in all circumstances. I beg the forgiveness of all those here that I have offended. I am of the rank of the lowliest of all sinners and I confess that freely before you all. Again, I am truely sorry to those whom I treated uncharitably and to God for my sin. I beg forgiveness and hope that you all know that I will be trying to change and overcome this vice.
Many Blessings in Christ to you all, My dear brothers and sisters in our Common Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Tamara
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 12:57:55 AM »

Dear Papist,

May your love for Christ transform your zeal. Sleep well.

Smiley  Tamara

stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:29:24 AM »

Brother Papist..is it a permanent suspension..or a temporary one..........Xpictoc Bockpece......SmileyCentral.com" border="0

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:31:49 AM »

When we tell you there's a problem, we're the worst in the world, but when CAF tells you the same thing you take it to heart..... I guess you only listen to Roman Catholics!..... Cheesy

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 09:36:23 AM »

Brother Papist..is it a permanent suspension..or a temporary one..........Xpictoc Bockpece......SmileyCentral.com" border="0
Its temporary. I have been suspended for two weeks and then I will be allowed back on the forum but will still be temporarily banned from the Eastern Catholic forum.

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 09:36:23 AM »

When we tell you there's a problem, we're the worst in the world, but when CAF tells you the same thing you take it to heart..... I guess you only listen to Roman Catholics!..... Cheesy
I am sorry brother.

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 09:41:59 AM »

I am sorry brother.
You were forgiven before you even asked.
Just try to relax a little. Anything that needs us to defend it must be weaker than we are. The Fullness of Truth- wherever it lies- does not need us to defend it. The Truth is it's own defense.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »

Dear Papist, 
We all fall short and make mistakes.  Your apology shows a humble heart and a desire to be closer to God.

blessings,  Juliana Smiley
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 11:12:06 AM »

Repentance also means a change of heart.  I hope that you have the strength, or rather, that God gives you the strength to do a better job of defending yourself and your faith in the future, without the complications you have had in the past. 

I for one would hate for you to lose your fire and spirit in regards to all these things.  By the same token, It is always good to take a step back when we find ourselves in a "frenzy" as you put it. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 01:08:41 PM »

God bless you , Papist. Of course, you've never offended me in the least, so I'm really not qualified to contribute to this thread, but I understand well how you're feeling.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Jimmy
Maronite

Faith: Maronite Catholic

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »

Papist, I hope you can forgive me as well.  I got worked up and was offensive in that thread as well.  And I pray that I can control myself in the future.  Please forgive me for my lack of charity.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 07:06:10 PM »

Papist, I hope you can forgive me as well.  I got worked up and was offensive in that thread as well.  And I pray that I can control myself in the future.  Please forgive me for my lack of charity.
God bless you brother. I realize that I am abrasive and rude at times on line.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: