OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 06:53:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need prayers for tommorow  (Read 3566 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: May 08, 2008, 06:51:58 AM »

Tommorow (Friday) I am having a very important meeting with a very important someone; this meeting has the potential to change the course of my life a number of different ways, for the better and for the worse. I have already been struggling to deal with a very difficult situation for approximately three months now, so I'll be really, really, really frustrated (to use the gentlest of available words) if this turns out to be a disappointment.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 07:17:56 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:22:28 AM »

Lord, have mercy. You are in my unworthy prayers, dear brother. Everything will be fine.

Love never fails.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 07:42:09 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 08:53:13 AM »

I'm praying for you! May everything work out to the honor and glory of God!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 09:29:10 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »

May God Bless you and grant what you seek......For with God all Thing's Are Possible....God's Peace,,,,Xpictoc Bockrece.....SmileyCentral.com" border="0

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »

May God bless you, keep you and stregnthen you.

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 02:32:06 PM »

Prayers...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 02:40:03 PM »

Lord have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 04:04:59 PM »

Lord have Mercy!
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 08:06:21 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »

Dear Lord, please help Your good and loyal servant. Lord, have mercy.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »

Lord have mercy on Your servant.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 09:39:16 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 02:44:26 AM »

What shall I say? God's will is what it is; who am I to dispute it or be upset with it?

Some people would say I should be happy with how things went. There are moments when I find myself able to share that outlook. But they are but moments. It's a very trying time for me. Matters of the heart are the most difficult for me to deal with. Keep me in your prayers please.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 01:15:42 PM »

Lord have mercy

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 01:20:22 PM »

I'm so sorry...I'll be praying for you...

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 09:40:51 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
prodromas
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Under the Green Pope

Greek Orthodox

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 09:44:36 PM »

What shall I say? God's will is what it is; who am I to dispute it or be upset with it?

Some people would say I should be happy with how things went. There are moments when I find myself able to share that outlook. But they are but moments. It's a very trying time for me. Matters of the heart are the most difficult for me to deal with. Keep me in your prayers please.

Brother as you said your wise father stated we should only hope that the Lord's will was done. Lord Have Mercy

The sins I don't commit are largely due to the weakness of my limbs.

1915-1923 Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն ,never again,
ܩܛܠܐ ܕܥܡܐ ܐܬܘܪܝܐ 1920-1914, never again,
השואה  1933-1945, never again,
(1914-1923) Ελληνική Γενοκτονία, never again
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »

Dear all,

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would present my prayer request in this one since it is somewhat related. Ever since my heart was severely challenged on Friday the 9th of May, I have been finding it all the more difficult to stay focused on my studies (prior to then I was also struggling on account of matters related to the same person). It's been all the more harder since that Friday given that the situation between myself and my beloved continues to degenerate. I am seriously contemplating discontinuing all of my subjects so as to avoid failing my exams; this will push me back in my studies an entire year. Please pray that God guide me as to how to deal with this difficult situation; I have never failed a subject at university before and I really cannot afford to at this stage in my degree.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:13:44 PM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »

Lord have mercy on your servant and grant him wisdom.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 09:40:50 PM »

All flesh is as grass,
and all the glory of man as the flower of grass.
The grass withereth,
and the flower thereof falleth away;
but the word of the Lord lasts forever.

Through the prayers of the Theotokos, have mercy and save Your servant.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 10:28:51 PM »

May God Grant You Wisdom And Peace....that you may  excel in your studies...my prayers Brother..xpictoc Bockpece.....SmileyCentral.com" border="0

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 10:54:09 PM »

I really feel for you deeply as I had an almost  identical experience about 4 years ago. May God be with you and comfort you during this difficult time!

recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 07:39:39 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 07:59:32 AM »

Lord, have mercy! Dear brother EA, my bear hugs and all the best wishes to you. Please, give your situation a good deal of thought, don't rush anything...

Love never fails.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
jlerms
High Elder

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »

Lord have mercy.  My 2 cents:  It is better to withdraw from your courses than to fail them if you are past the 1st year of college.  That is of course if you care about your GPA.  I pray for you dear brother in this time of anguish and sorrow.  May the Lord heal your heart!

Juliana
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »

Lord have mercy.

I have to agree with jlerms.  A 0 or 0s can absolutely destroy your GPA and if you are in an Honours programme, it makes it all the more important your marks stay up.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 10:39:31 AM »

Lord have mercy, and guide Your servant in the decisions he must make!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 09:51:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy and help your servant.

Yes, 0 is very dangerous for the GPA. Please just be careful with estimating the situation. I know from my own experience that the stress makes very difficult to concentrate on something, but on the other hand the stress may create impression that something is problematic when, for example, you know the subject very well.
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »

EA

You are capable to deal with the matters at hand!

"Fear not"! says the Lord

Go forward with the faith in the Lord. Trust in success in His word and NOT your abilities.

Our Lord has established his elect (The Holy Church) to proceed and not concede.

If you are punished for trusting God with a low grade or even put out of school than that is a blessing for you and for many who may be blessed by your undying trust and faith even when it seemed clear and better to stop and run in fear which means that you are trusting in your own abilities and not Gods power to help you.

Remember...there are many who will not see heaven albiet they lived on earth with great GPAs', good jobs, good careers, good reputations, good money, good benefits, good food, good cloths...good everything etc. This includes people who saved lives as surgeons or freed people as lawyers. Many of us who are in this kind of life are already in rebellion against God since God commanded us to be "humble and giving sharing what we have, never wanting" and to " accept our circumstances".

Who can truely adhere to the beauty of these holy words and way of life? I have no idea.

I do not know anyone who can come close... sad to say; not even myself.

"God is watching"!...St Basil, St. Isaac and many others...

So we must still push ourselves to get beyond 'who we are' and be who God wants us to be. It hurts allot to 'try' to do this ....allot!

Maybe God does not want you or me to have a good GPA right now?

God may want you to simply go forward to show you (or someone) something a whole lot greater than a good GPA. Something that may save your soul or the souls of many who you may never meet.

Something that may heal you from all your sorrows and fears.

This is encouragement enough for us all....indeed!

However; if you still need more than I will add that you are very young. Lifes challenges are better faced head on. Stopping and running is not the acts of the strong but the character of the weak and the unsure. Thus a good GPA will not get such types anywhere.

I was faced with a serious family problem at 19 years old when my dad (who I love dearly) faced having to loose his business and almost everything else.

When I found out about it I immediately stepped in and volunteered all my college savings, my time and whatever else to fight lawyers, creditors etc. I did not drop out of school or drop classes.

I did the best I could 'with my circumstances' as pre-engineering major. Of course my grades suffered.

After a semester of probation I was kicked out of school.

When the letter came I read it not knowing my sister was near by. She knew what it was I was reading maybe by the look on my face or she just "knew'.

After I finished reading the letter she callapsed in tears.

You see; she and I were very very close as children and she (as most people who knew me) knew that I wanted to be an Architect all my life. I was very good in math and science and was a very good artist. This event seemed to shatter any hope of me (a black man in America) making a career in architecture without a formal 5 year degree.

In America a black man can barely scrape by with a masters from Columbia just to get 'in the door' of the smallest NYC firms so without any degree...forget it!

Yes this is true in 2008!

So I was devastated. I could barely swallow all that day due to the painful ;lump in my throat from the shock of (albeit the enevitable life changing news) so was my dad who felt I should have just moved on with my own life and let him sink. I said to him "I am happy that I was able to give you something I would never part with!.....you have always looked out for me"....." I am young enough if God gives me the chance to pick things up later". "For now tbis is what life put in front of me." "It is nobodies fault."

Well; time moved on and my dads business held on for a few years after all the drama but closed and I had to finally find a job; which I did.

I worked very hard and looked forward to starting back on my degree. But the Lord seemed to keep me from going back to school fully although I was taking a class here and there when I could.

As God would have it today I am a successful Architect in NYC. I have won two awards and have been written up twice for my profesional accomplishments; most significantly in a St. Louis newspaper for a Landmark project I designed and over saw there.

This was all by the age of 39. ......Not bad!

Oh! .... I still do not have my degree.

Quite extraordinary indeed for a black man in America. And with my tenure in the industry I am now bonifide and can sit for my state license now if I want.

All is well that ends well. But it was a real; rollercoaster ride. But this is how the Lord had it set for me I beleive. I never stopped at any point . "Give God all the glory" ....Amen. For my part I just moved forward. The Lord took care of the rest for me. "All Praises be to God in Heaven and on earth; peace and His good will toward man".

It does not mean that this will happen this way for everyone. God knows.

But I stated this to show my life experience so that you may be encouraged in your own situation.

I really hope you are willing to stay the course, face the storm.

Keep going forward! but hold Gods hand!

God Loves you no matter happens...Amen.

I love you to young man!

Pray for Gods will upon you.

May the Lord heal you, grow you and strengthen you so that you may prosper over lenght of days in this life in health of spirit, mind and body so that you will see old age and fulfilling all your dreams while at all times serving the Lord without fear until the end so that He may say to you at the end with open arms "O good and faithful servant" ....."enter into peace"

May this be a blessing for us all...Amen.

" O my brethren love not the world neither the things that are in the world; for the world is passing away as well as the lust for it; for all is passing" ......St. Paul the Apostle of Christ

May God bless you on your journey.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 03:44:01 PM by Amdetsion » Logged

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 03:17:15 PM »

Thank you all for your kindness, love, support and prayers.

At this point I long more than ever to escape to the local monastery for at least a good month that I may have the chance to clear and re-charge my mind, heart and soul, but unfortunately i'm bound to the desk in my room for at least another 2-3 weeks as I struggle to do my best to focus on preparing for my final exams (I did not end up discontinuing any of my subjects).

Please pray that these 2-3 weeks pass quickly and smoothly...

Thomas
Section Moderator
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 09:02:22 AM »

Lord have mercy. Through the prayers of the Theotokos, have mercy and save Your servant.

Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
jlerms
High Elder

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on your servant in his time of need.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »

Lord, have mercy

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: