Author Topic: Anyone read, A Beginners Guide to Prayer yet???  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Chuck S.

• Place Personal Text Here
Anyone read, A Beginners Guide to Prayer yet???
« on: July 10, 2003, 12:07:37 AM »

Greetings in the name of the Lord!

I was wondering if anyone has read the new book, "A Beginners Guide to Prayer: The Orthodox Way to Draw Closer to God" by Fr. Michael Keiser as of yet?

I haven't read it, but I was flipping through the Conciliar Press  Catalog and see that this book has just come out, and it looks like it might be a good read full of practical way to grow in a prayer life.

I'm thinking about getting it, but was wondering what others thought of it before I make the decision to buy it? (I dont wanna get a 'lemon' after all)

Has anyone read this book or is it just too new?

In Christ, Thomas
In Christ, Thomas

Hypo-Ortho

Re:Anyone read, A Beginners Guide to Prayer yet???
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 01:19:49 AM »
Chuck, you may want to check out "Beginning to Pray" by the well-known surgeon-monk, Metropolitan +ANTHONY [Bloom] of Sourozh, before investing in an "unknown" new work.  I can personally attest to the influence of Metropolitan +ANTHONY's succinct books in my prayer life.

Hypo-Ortho  

Offline Chuck S.

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 02:10:26 PM »

Hypo-Ortho,

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I've heard of the book you mention, but not sure where though. I'll check into getting "Beginning to Pray" before the new one.

Thanks again..

In Christ, Thomas

In Christ, Thomas

Offline nilus

• A Finlander
    • Nilus
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 06:32:17 PM »
IMHO Beginning to Pray by Met. ANTHONY (Bloom) is simply the best introduction to prayer there is.
Nilus
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy upon me a sinner.